UFC fight pass discussion

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
New to this section of the board and recently subscribed to fight pass. Thought it'd be fun to talk about what everyone watches on this service. Both new and old.

Personally, I've already seen all the UFC & PRIDE events, and most of the Strikeforce/WEC events, and overall don't understand what the value of Fight Pass is.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I watch some of the original programming and little documentaries, there's also the Eddie Bravo Invitational on their which is fun and some of the smaller promotions they show. For the most part I've used it to watch old TUF series, fight pass prelims I wanna see, and old fights that I randomly wanna watch.

It's definitely a luxury in my life that I could live without, but I enjoy having it there. There has also been some decent Fightpass only fights that I watched that would've sucked to try and stream.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I watch some of the original programming and little documentaries, there's also the Eddie Bravo Invitational on their which is fun and some of the smaller promotions they show. For the most part I've used it to watch old TUF series, fight pass prelims I wanna see, and old fights that I randomly wanna watch.

It's definitely a luxury in my life that I could live without, but I enjoy having it there. There has also been some decent Fightpass only fights that I watched that would've sucked to try and stream.

People would have to pay me to watch those.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Personally, I've already seen all the UFC & PRIDE events, and most of the Strikeforce/WEC events, and overall don't understand what the value of Fight Pass is.

Smaller promotions are fun to watch. There's a ton of fights I haven't seen from the 90s(outside of the big ones) I want to see. Personally I think as the years go on the "value" of fight pass will be well worth it. Though that's just my opinion.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I use it to watch the prelim or Fight Pass only fights and that's it. They need to let you watch all televised fights on there so I can cancel my TSN package.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I use it to watch the prelim or Fight Pass only fights and that's it. They need to let you watch all televised fights on there so I can cancel my TSN package.

I hear yah there. Unfortunately blackouts will Be around as long as cable is.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I hear yah there. Unfortunately blackouts will Be around as long as cable is.

Having the ability for Fight Pass subscribers to watch the fights on TV shouldn't be a big deal. NFL does it. They will get there eventually.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis
Having the ability for Fight Pass subscribers to watch the fights on TV shouldn't be a big deal. NFL does it. They will get there eventually.

Just a tricky situation for the UFC. Not really sure when their current cable deal is up. Though they should push for more smaller promotions as well. Won't cost much and adds more monthly content.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

Maybe. The UFC has a franction of the NFL's viewership, there's more than enough viewers to go around for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad