GDT: UFC Fight Night: Volkov vs. Aspinall

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Phenomenal card. Some stars really emerging. Aspinall, Allen, Paddy, McCann, Mokaev, Shore. Paul Craig pulling another one off. Great day for UK MMA

Reactions: m9 and 16Skippy

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
This played out to be one of my favourite cards. The crowd engagement for their local fighters was electric, a lot of the post fight interviews were great too. As far as entertainment goes, it doesn't get much better than this card.

Hitting my Topuria, Meatball, Paddy, and Allen parlay and my Aspinall bet doesn't hurt things either.

Reactions: 16Skippy and m9

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Dana said they originally wanted this card to be a PPV with Usman v. Edwards as the main event but Usman's hand injury pushed things back. Said they want to do one more event in London before the end of the year. They're going to try to do Usman v. Edwards during international fight week.

Eddie Hearn told Dana the UFC should do a stadium show in England. Dana said he just thinks the arena experience is better. Said they had some problems bringing this card to England and they were seriously considering moving the card to Abu Dhabi and refunding all ticket purchases as late as two weeks ago. He wouldn't say what the problems were.

He said there will be a France event this year.

He also said they are waiting on final confirmation from Ngannou's camp for how long his recovery time will be but if it is in fact going to be nine months they will set up an interim title fight. It seems like he is treading very carefully with this interim title stuff now after how Ngannou reacted to the last time they set up an interim title during his championship reign.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
This played out to be one of my favourite cards. The crowd engagement for their local fighters was electric, a lot of the post fight interviews were great too. As far as entertainment goes, it doesn't get much better than this card.

Hitting my Topuria, Meatball, Paddy, and Allen parlay and my Aspinall bet doesn't hurt things either.

I hit on a similar one. Topuria, Paddy, and Gunnar.

• Love
Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad