GDT: UFC Fight Night: Overeem vs. Arlovski

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Struve is the only guy in the division both slower than Bigfoot and also not really a knockout artist. Struve doesn't have anything for Bigfoot on the ground ... no idea why Struve is the favorite in that one.
Wow ... so ... yeah. Misread that one :biglaugh:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I know that Arlovski has been fairly decent in his UFC run, but Jesus... every time he gets punched in the face, I think he's going to sleep.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Arlovski is a big friggin' dude. He's always lean and he came in heavier than Reem. Amazing how much size that guy has lost. Well over 20 pounds of muscle. Unfortunately I missed the fight, but I've had my fill of Cain fighting the same people. I'd far prefer to see Reem get the next title shot (assuming Miocic wins).

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Well done, Antonio. I don't know why fighting brings out the ****tiest fans, but it does, and fighting fans on the internet will say the worst, most hateful, most ridiculous things sometimes. Few hockey fans say these things when Sidney Crosby or Joe Thornton gets knocked out of the playoffs. I'm betting none of the people who are calling Silva a ***** and a loser on the internet show up at ATT to tell him that in person.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Well done, Antonio. I don't know why fighting brings out the ****tiest fans, but it does, and fighting fans on the internet will say the worst, most hateful, most ridiculous things sometimes. Few hockey fans say these things when Sidney Crosby or Joe Thornton gets knocked out of the playoffs. I'm betting none of the people who are calling Silva a ***** and a loser on the internet show up at ATT to tell him that in person.

Yeah, I thought it was well stated by Bigfoot. Summed it up perfectly. These guys train incredibly hard and put their heart and soul into it. Getting KO'd early is not what they had in mind, and then on top of taking a loss, they have to catch **** from anonymous people who've never even tried. Sucks, but it's not surprising.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm interested what the UFC does next with Bigfoot. I've always hated how the UFC will give these guys on bad runs a long string of tough fights when they should be giving them a tuneup fight. If they lose the tuneup fight then that's another thing, but give these guys a chance to bounce back.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I know that Arlovski has been fairly decent in his UFC run, but Jesus... every time he gets punched in the face, I think he's going to sleep.

People say his chin is shot, but I think it's less that, and more Andrei freaking out when he starts getting tagged. He does not handle taking punches very well and almost always starts backing straight up while he gets teed off on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad