Lightweight bout: Takanori Gomi vs. Jon Tuck
Heavyweight bout: Cyril Asker vs. Walt Harris
Featherweight bout: Alex Caceres vs. Rolando Dy
Flyweight bout: Justin Scoggins vs. Ulka Sasaki
Welterweight bout: Li Jingliang vs. Frank Camacho
Bantamweight bout: Kwan Ho Kwak vs. Russell Doane
Flyweight bout: Naoki Inoue vs. Carls John de Tomas
Women's Bantamweight bout: Ji Yeon Kim vs. Lucie Pudilová

Pretty solid lineup for a free card. No absolute top tier main event, but I love the depth.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Saffiedine vs Dos Anjos would have been a better 5-rounder. I know Holly Holm pulls in the ratings, but that main event is screaming to be a really bad striking match-up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's certainly not a bad card for a free event but I can't say I'm all that excited for it. RDA's WW debut will be something to watch.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
My Fight Pass just ran out this week, but I do like this card. Looks like they'll suck me back in for another year.

Colby Covington breakout kicks into high gear this weekend.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Interested to see how RDA looked. Bethe trying to showboat and getting head kicked to oblivion is awesome :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Only watched the main card and now I wish I hadn't.

Nice KO for Holm but that fight was just awful. Gotta love them yelling "Holly Holm is back!" at the end of it.

Solid performance for RDA in his WW debut.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Didn't watch the card. Are there any fights of note I should watch?

vwg*

Nov 16, 2005
Krasnoyarsk
That was just a great, perfectly timed knockout. I generally can't stand people who are overconfident in themselves for no reason while they go around taunting people. That's Bethe Correia to a T.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I was rooting for Correia all fight. Holly Holm is just not fun to watch as a striker, not because i care if a fighter is exciting or not, but because her game is so overly frustrating to watch. Winklejohn strikers give me headaches at time

Last edited:

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I was rooting for Correia all fight. Holly Holm is just not fun to watch as a striker, not because i care if a fighter is exciting or not, but because her game is so overly frustrating to watch. Winklejohn strikers give me headaches at time

Cerrone too?

Not sure i could ever root for bethe. She's so disgusting in so many ways.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Cerrone too?

Cerrone is frustrating because he hasn't fixed his flaws. He has zero head movement, and doesn't take pressure fighters well.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Cerrone too?

Cerrone is one of the least frustrating strikers of that camp.But he also has his own personal striking coach outside from the Jackson-Wink camp. He does a good job incorporating different stuff in his striking game. Same with Swanson.

I think the camp is good at building long and rangy volume strikers, but it's also bad at nurturing counter striking and infighting.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Cerrone is one of the least frustrating strikers of that camp.But he also has his own personal striking coach outside from the Jackson-Wink camp. He does a good job incorporating different stuff in his striking game. Same with Swanson.

I think the camp is good at building long and rangy volume strikers, but it's also bad at nurturing counter striking and infighting.
Holm was much more active. Bethe was back stepping the entire time. Then laughed the 2 times she landed then got ktfo when she went full Bethe.

As far as Jack-Wink... she's really the only counter striker, unless you're putting renaissance Reem in that boat too... ???

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Holm was much more active. Bethe was back stepping the entire time. Then laughed the 2 times she landed then got ktfo when she went full Bethe.

As far as Jack-Wink... she's really the only counter striker, unless you're putting renaissance Reem in that boat too... ???

That's the thing that frustrates me about Holm. Her game doesn't actively involve counter striking all that much. Holm is a weird striker that is really good at countering, but her go-to game in all her fights is all about leading and being really bad at it.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
watched that Justin Scoggins vs Sasaki fight. oh boy, Scoggins is really reaching Chael Sonnen level of choking in fights.

RDA looked good too. Don't think he'll be able to handle the heavy grapplers of the division, but he should be competitive against the top strikers of WW.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad