GDT: UFC Fight Night: Blaydes vs. Daukaus

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
I think Barbarena secured the third round in the last 10 seconds, it was close.

29-28 Barbarena

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Huge win for Blaydes. Glad he kept it standing to test himself on the feet - exactly what you should be doing with inferior opponents and you're trying to build yourself back.

Really good card tonight.

Reactions: CDJ

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I'm impressed that Blaydes won without using his wrestling. He's clearly been working on his striking. Also impressed with Grasso, I thought she would win but never expected a finish in the first.

Also impressed that this TheWeasel character put together an analyses this quickly.

Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Big, statement win for Blaydes. He can be boring, but when we goes for and gets the KO, he's a scary motherf***er. Those elbows against Overeem are still stuck in my head. Missed opportunity in the interview to not call out Stipe for the interim title fight, though. Seemed like he didn't even know he was there, but would have been a much better call out.

I expected Grasso to win. I expected Grasso to win easily. I didn't expect it to be by sub. I think she's too physically limited for Valentina, but she's good and could give anyone else in the division a run for their money. I think she'd be better off at SW if she could consistently and safely make the weight, though.

Brown-Barberena was the type of fight Barberena always drags people into. Brown's still a dog, but I thought Barberena won. Some of the fun of those fights is taken away for me by knowing how much damage Barberena takes time after time, though, and that Brown is 41 years old. At least they got Fight of the Night, I guess.

Huge win for KKF. Great fight as expected. I thought the judges got it right. R1 and R2 were clear. R3 was competitive, but I thought KKF just did more. I hope they don't make him fight again to get a title shot, but with Fig-Moreno seeming likely but still not scheduled, he might have to or risk getting jumped over.

Magny-Griffin was another good, extremely close fight. R2 was the swing round, but I'd give it Magny. Does anybody embody 'gatekeeper' more than Magny?

Overall, great main card and no ref/judge controversies which can especially happen when they are on the road. With so many close fights that went the distance, I thought the judges nailed it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad