Women's Bantamweight bout: Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Veronica Macedo
Bantamweight bout: Taylor Lapilus vs. Leandro Issa
Heavyweight bout: Jarjis Danho vs. Christian Colombo
Middleweight bout: Scott Askham vs. Jack Hermansson
Lightweight bout: Rustam Khabilov vs. Leandro Silva
Featherweight bout: Martin Buschkamp vs. Alex Enlund

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's not terrible for a fight pass card. The top three fights are worth watching.

Gustafsson has lost two in a row and hasn't fought in a year so his placement on the card isn't too surprising. That division is just awful though. Nothing too exciting at the top, no depth, and no really exciting prospects (maybe Krylov?). Used to be the best division in the UFC and now it might be the worst.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Had no idea Gustaffson was on this card until now. Really hope he gets a few wins, feel bad for the guy he's mostly known only for his losses :(

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Had no idea Gustaffson was on this card until now. Really hope he gets a few wins, feel bad for the guy he's mostly known only for his losses :(

If there's anyone in desperate need of confidence, it's him. They need to Frankie Edgar/Uriah Faber him, let him fight some fringe top 10ers before throwing him in with the top 3 again.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015

Pretty much. He's my favourite LHW but man if you look at it.. his biggest win was a late 2012 win over Shogun.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bader with a walk-off KO with the knee. That was nice.

Latifi looked good in the 1st round too.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Looking forward to Gustafsson's return. Would love to see him pick up a win here.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Gustafsson gets the job done with his wrestling. He has been out for a while so maybe the timing was off but he didn't look too good on his feet.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Great win for Bader. Gus and Barnett did what they had to as well.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Gustafsson gets the job done with his wrestling. He has been out for a while so maybe the timing was off but he didn't look too good on his feet.

Very little movement on the feet, seemed focused on the takedown, and Jan did good keeping him in his guard. Meh, happy Gus got the win. Please don't throw him in with a top 3 killer yet.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Very little movement on the feet, seemed focused on the takedown, and Jan did good keeping him in his guard. Meh, happy Gus got the win. Please don't throw him in with a top 3 killer yet.

I think you just have him fight Bader next.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I agree with you guys. Bader could be a good opponent for him next. Ariel keeps pushing the Jones rematch and I think that would be a very bad move for Gus right now.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I agree with you guys. Bader could be a good opponent for him next. Ariel keeps pushing the Jones rematch and I think that would be a very bad move for Gus right now.

Let's say Jon Jones can return though, what do you do? Gus hasn't been on a win streak in several years with his lone wins being Jan and Manuwa. He needs to be built up. Daniel Cormier vs Anthony Johnson 2 should happen.

Light Heavyweight is so ****ing bad. I'd do

Daniel Cormier (c) vs Rumble Johnson II
Jon Jones vs Ryan Bader II
Alexander Gustafsson vs Little Nog
Shogun Rua vs Nikita Krylov

Glover needs time off after that IMO. Maybe Anderson on return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad