GDT: UFC 300: Pereira vs. Hill/PFL 2/PFL 3

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Great night of fights that delivered, though I think Jiri vs Rakic should have been fight of the night. Tough break for them given the extra large bonuses handed out tonight.

Yeah, I think so as well. It was more back and forth. I thought Rakic was on his way to winning, but the turn around from Jiri was incredible. The leg kicks were bothering Jiri, but not the punches.

Max vs. Justin was a good fight but it had some lulls. And Max was on his was to a pretty obvious 49-46 decision. It just finished with one of the most epic finishes of all time. Max definitely deserved performance of the night. I definitely underestimated him, as did most people. He's such a likeable guy. The only stain was two eye pokes in that fight. Not cool.

Overall, great card. Met the hype for me. The only dud was Sterling vs. Kattar.

Pereira putting his hand out to stop Herb Dean to just go out and knockout Hill was also legendary.

Agree with the poster who said that even though Bo dominated his fight, it was not impressive at all.

What was Turner thinking not finishing off the fight! Guess he thought the (potential) walk off knockout would get him the bonus.

Arman vs, Charles fight was really good and I wish it had been 5 rounds as well. 29-28 Arman was the correct decision. Overall the judges got it right this night. Can't recall any robberies.

I'm glad I'm not a betting man. I only got about 50% of my predictions right. :laugh: The unpredictability of the sport is one of the reasons why it is so great though.

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
You would think that for big events like 300, every fight on the main card would be a 5 rounder

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great night of fights that delivered, though I think Jiri vs Rakic should have been fight of the night. Tough break for them given the extra large bonuses handed out tonight.

Yeah, I agree. It kinda got lost in the shuffle with how crazy the card was and with Max stealing the show.

I'd say the same for Bobby Green as well. Not FOTN considering it was all Green after the first round but hopefully they took care of him too. Miller is old but he was game and Green put it on him in the worst way but no one is talking about that today.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1713119854210.png

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
I don't have a tonne to add to what's already been said and I agree with most of it, so I'll just add this.

Poaton's the man, would like to see him stay and LWH for a while just so we can have some kind of order. But if he's moves up I'll be as excited as anyone. Also didn't notice the commentators or anyone else mention this yet but I'm pretty sure he used a fake right straight to set up the hook. Double sneaky since it seemed like he was using the low job to set up the hook up until then.

Holloway looked great as a LW. Honestly would rather see him stay at this weight. And frankly after that performance he's way more deserving of a title shot here than Poririer.

Same with Tsarukyan. But I would have rather that fight been 5 rounds on another card. I think Oliveira was in it the whole time and could have pulled something off. Or maybe I'm salty because I lost money lol.

Harrison looked good but I'm still not sure what we have with her given Holm's dumb decision making. Or maybe I'm salty again because I lost money lol.

Oh and Lopes. MF is a grappling coach knocking people out

Reactions: Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The second that video of Jiri staring down the TMobile arena for hours by himself late at night came out I knew it was curtains for Rakic

I don’t see how Jiri can maintain that style as he ages but he’s gonna be a motherf***er until that chin gives out

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Thats was the best almost eight hours of mma I've ever spent, watched every fight and they delivered.

Turner cost me a nice parlay, but doubled and tripled down on max and alex and came out with a grip.
I'm pumped they all got 300k and Max 600k, that fight was sofa king good, incredible. Gatheje is one of my fav fighters but Max is him. If i have another son Max seriously just rocketed up the name list.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Until Saturday, arguably the most iconic 1-punch KO in UFC history was Henderson sleeping Bisping

Interestingly, it was the 3rd last fight of UFC 100

Reactions: CDJ

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Max looked better than ever, and seemed to have some power behind his shots too. My heart sank for a brief moment when Gaethje knocked him down but thankfully he recovered well from that and fought smart to avoid any follow-up damage.

The only stain was two eye pokes in that fight. Not cool.
I'll give Max the benefit of the doubt as he's not a dirty or cheap fighter, it looked like really unfortunate timing on both. In general I don't understand why the UFC refuses to address this issue when there's been multiple glove designs presented that prevent the eyepoke issue and are used by other organizations. UFC is so ass backwards sometimes.

Reactions: 16Skippy and Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gaethje winning that 4th round was pretty amazing in hindsight. It wasn’t his night but he was certainly a deserving BMF belt holder

I still can’t get over what we saw in that fights finish. Definitely still holding up as a possible top 5 moment in ufc history for me

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
No big surprise, but hyperbolic Rogan is calling Max's knockout the greatest in UFC history.

Well, until the next knockout happens....
I don't think he's the only one who is doing that, plenty of people are praising it. I personally think it was one of the best too. The context around the fight/KO make it special. The BMF title on the line, UFC300 - one or the best cards they've put together, the underdog leading the whole fight, the pointing to the center and both guys standing and trading, and then the last second clean faceplant KO. Maybe one or two of those pieces dont make it special but all of them combined really made it feel like it was different.

It wasn't the cleanest one shot KO we've seen, it wasn't a technical marvel, it wasn't the fastest, there's a lot of KOs that are ahead of it in a lot of categories but this one was very special and if you didn't feel that or can't see that, then I feel bad for you.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I don't think he's the only one who is doing that, plenty of people are praising it. I personally think it was one of the best too. The context around the fight/KO make it special. The BMF title on the line, UFC300 - one or the best cards they've put together, the underdog leading the whole fight, the pointing to the center and both guys standing and trading, and then the last second clean faceplant KO. Maybe one or two of those pieces dont make it special but all of them combined really made it feel like it was different.

It wasn't the cleanest one shot KO we've seen, it wasn't a technical marvel, it wasn't the fastest, there's a lot of KOs that are ahead of it in a lot of categories but this one was very special and if you didn't feel that or can't see that, then I feel bad for you.

Oh I loved it.

I'm just criticising Rogan because he makes those type of statements regularly.

Reactions: Taytro

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1713560153277.png

Date: April 19, 2024
Venue: Wintrust Arena
City: Chicago, Illinois
Time: 10 pm ET/7 pm PT
Viewing: ESPN2

MAIN CARD (ESPN)