UFC 226: Miocic vs Cormier

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
That gif of Cormier dropping Josh freaking Barnett on his head is hard to shake. Just spiking him like Hulk Hogan DDT'ing Macho Man. Doesn't even look real. And Barnett is a ****ing animal.

I kinda think Miocic's grappling is good enough to survive, but I would have said the same thing about Barnett. And I kinda thought Rumble's striking would bury DC, but it didn't. So hyped to see this.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Absolutely. Best of all-time, and it's not close at all.
best of all time juiced to the gils.
Jones is a little crap stain and who knows how good he would have been if he didn't juice, for sure not that good.
Those losses haunt DC more than they should because they are honestly a joke, and I know some might get mad at this comment but it's honestly how I feel.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
best of all time juiced to the gils.
Jones is a little crap stain and who knows how good he would have been if he didn't juice, for sure not that good.
Those losses haunt DC more than they should because they are honestly a joke, and I know some might get mad at this comment but it's honestly how I feel.

I don't really care about steroids as most guys are on something. Jones is an idiot for getting caught, but that's about it.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I don't really care about steroids as most guys are on something. Jones is an idiot for getting caught, but that's about it.
I don't really get this argument. Supposedly everyone cheats so Jones gets a pass for blatantly cheating in both Cormier fights? The first fight was close and Jones' cheating probably put him over the edge.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't really get this argument. Supposedly everyone cheats so Jones gets a pass for blatantly cheating in both Cormier fights? The first fight was close and Jones' cheating probably put him over the edge.

Sorry how was Jones cheating for that fight?

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Sorry how was Jones cheating for that fight?
Thought he was busted for roids, nevermind. I guess I could argue cocaine probably gives you an advantage in a fight but that's a bit of a longshot as I doubt he was doing it before the fight lol

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
He probably was on those nose clams before fights, the dude is just crazy. Honestly there is quite a good chance he did a cycle at some point before the first fight. There is so much knowledge and timing that goes into these cycles.

I know quite a few of the GOAT have been caught using....so it's really just how you want to look at it and there's no doubt he is straight dominant.
It's just when you know some fighters are pure I think they should be held in a higher regard. DC and Stipe are 2 of them.

Sign me the **** up for Jones vs Lesnar though. I'd love to see it.

member 51464

I see it as we are in the 3rd era of MMA now.

First era was the shenanigans of no weight classes, people in shoes in the octagon, etc...

Second era was after that shook out some up until USADA.

Now we are in a new era. World beater's in the current era count for more to me than anyone prior.

Reactions: Gains

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
USADA only cleared out dumbasses. Everyone with basic intelligence still juices, just less obnoxiously than before. This is still better than before but it gives people a false impression of a "clean" fighter vs a "dirty" fighter. But it's really just a "smart" fighter vs a "dumb" fighter.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
USADA only cleared out dumbasses. Everyone with basic intelligence still juices, just less obnoxiously than before. This is still better than before but it gives people a false impression of a "clean" fighter vs a "dirty" fighter. But it's really just a "smart" fighter vs a "dumb" fighter.
I've heard this a few times before, but I don't buy it.

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Everyone with basic intelligence still juices, just less obnoxiously than before.

I don't know about that. Sure there's probably a few people still doing illegal stimulants or steroids of some type, but the game is definitely much cleaner than before. USADA is apparently pretty aggressive, I imagine previous guys who juiced (maybe even GSP) probably are more or less clean now. Sure they still take whatever legal stimulants and stuff, but there's no Barry Bonds or Mark Mcgwires out there anymore.

Reactions: member 51464

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Thought he was busted for roids, nevermind. I guess I could argue cocaine probably gives you an advantage in a fight but that's a bit of a longshot as I doubt he was doing it before the fight lol
He did have suspiciously elevated T levels if I remember correctly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad