GDT: UFC 223: Khabib vs. Iaquinta

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Sounds like there was a lot confusion and inaccurate information going back and forth. Is it a title fight, non-title fight? This happens often when last minute stuff like this occurs.

From what I read, it's a title fight for Khabib. Not for AI because he "missed weight" by 2 ounces.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yes, I know but not giving AI a chance probably means that they assumed it was a non-title fight.

While they arrived at this point in vastly different ways, it's the same scenario when Holloway won the FW interim title over Pettis. Showtime missed weight so he couldn't win the belt even if he won the fight, but Holloway made weight so he could and did win both the fight and belt.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
He is a ***** because he didn’t take on 30 guys armed with metal right before a big payday fight? Gotcha, just wanted to clarify.

The thing with Lobov was just to get him to stop making public comments. Lobov made a video on YouTube talking Conor up and questioning Khabib’s heart. I don’t think he was serious about getting into a fight and potentially jeopardize his title opportunity.

I’m sorry but I don’t think Khabib needs backup to deal with friggin Lobov.

Yeah, he really needed to step up and face guys throwing chairs, bike racks and whatnot. If he did that, he would've been a monumental moron.
Look, I don't expect Khabib to take on 20 guys, but he's a bitch in the first place for going at Artem Lobov with 20 guys. It's tit for tat in my book.

Reactions: LSCII

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Rooting for Ragin Al!!! love that guy, LI represent this one. He's no pushover either, I'm expecting this to still be a one sided fight (obviously) but hoping he catches Khabib with a right and pushes his career.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
did... did they seriously pull Halloway because of how he "looked"? The commission didn't even actually send a doctor? The f***?

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Look, I don't expect Khabib to take on 20 guys, but he's a ***** in the first place for going at Artem Lobov with 20 guys. It's tit for tat in my book.

That's ridiculous. He had a conversation with lobov about words that came out of lobovs mouth in an interview. His crew held him back and kept him in check throughout. He wasn't running up on him and throwing hotel furniture at him lol. Two totally different situations imo. If conor has to come back up lobov bc he can't stand up for shit he talked.. then that's just hilarious.

Reactions: tmurfin and darko

darko

Feb 16, 2009
No he's not, him and his 20 buddies go up to corner Artem and his one friend and he's a badass? Asks where's Conor but stays on the bus? Khabib is a *****... Nate Diaz:

Yeah this ****ing sucks, I wanted that Pettis fight badly, been so long since he's had a good fight.

Agreed as well, this blows. I like my Conor in the Octagon and selling fights with jokes, not getting arrested and blowing cards.

One day i wish to live in a world where Nate Diaz speaks proper English.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
New embedded is crazy. You just knew the UFC wasn't going to pass up the chance to promote the event using the footage of Conor going nuts. It's the best video of the incident that includes Conor yelling "smash the windows" and celebrating as he runs away. I'm guessing he didn't realize he'd be in handcuffs a few hours later.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Because of Connor thingy or Holloway?

Reportedly pulling Holloway without consulting doctors first and saying Felder can't fight Khabib because of the ranking are two of the main issues this time around. They've had some other stuff previously as well like the DC towel issue before his fight with Rumble, the Holm/de Randamie controversy, and suspending Romero for jumping the cage while celebrating. Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
That's ridiculous. He had a conversation with lobov about words that came out of lobovs mouth in an interview. His crew held him back and kept him in check throughout. He wasn't running up on him and throwing hotel furniture at him lol. Two totally different situations imo. If conor has to come back up lobov bc he can't stand up for **** he talked.. then that's just hilarious.

You must be a bully yourself if you think this is acceptable behaviour, f-ing coward.

Feel good story of the year if the underdog takes this POS out.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
You must be a bully yourself if you think this is acceptable behaviour, f-ing coward.

Feel good story of the year if the underdog takes this POS out.

:laugh:

What came first? The chicken or the egg.

So Conor is wrong for going after Khabib BUT Khabib shouldn’t have had a calm talk with Lobov.

But wait.... Who started this all? Artem f***ing Lobov, he was the one talking shit about Khabib. And now he’s some bullied victim? f*** off :laugh:, people are acting like Khabib violently attacked Artem the Goat

Reactions: tacogeoff

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
:laugh:

What came first? The chicken or the egg.

So Conor is wrong for going after Khabib BUT Khabib shouldn’t have had a calm talk with Lobov.

But wait.... Who started this all? Artem ****ing Lobov, he was the one talking **** about Khabib. And now he’s some bullied victim? **** off :laugh:, people are acting like Khabib violently attacked Artem the Goat

I have no idea what was said, but I certainly wouldn't escalate the whole thing by acting like a flat out punk. I give Khabib full rights to go and confront him, even though trash talk is part of the game here, but be a man about it, not a petulant 15 year old.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I have no idea what was said, but I certainly wouldn't escalate the whole thing by acting like a flat out punk. I give Khabib full rights to go and confront him, even though trash talk is part of the game here, but be a man about it, not a petulant 15 year old.

You talking about Conor now? Because I agree.

As for Khabib, he was talking MAN TO MAN, saying hey, don’t talk shit about me anymore. End of story. He wasn’t flexing on him or trying to attack him. But I guess that’s childish? Not really how much more manly you can get, talking eye to eye with the person you have a problem with.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Reportedly pulling Holloway without consulting doctors first and saying Felder can't fight Khabib because of the ranking are two of the main issues this time around. They've had some other stuff previously as well like the DC towel issue before his fight with Rumble, the Holm/de Randamie controversy, and suspending Romero for jumping the cage while celebrating. Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Yeah Holloway thing is fair enough. Amateur hour.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Conor internet defense force with the damage control eh? Who committed the crime? Khabib or Conor? Flip the scenario and the Conor nuthuggers would be creaming their pants saying, "omg Conor is in Khabib's head!" and nonsense like that.

Reactions: Go Away Staal

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Khabib shouldn’t have bothered.

It’s Lobov, who cares? Khabib was probably the only person who saw the clip of Lobov talking smack, no one else gives a damn about that worthless POS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->