Lightweight bout: Dan Hooker vs. Marc Diakiese
Featherweight bout: Myles Jury vs. Rick Glenn
Flyweight bout: Louis Smolka vs. Matheus Nicolau

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Bantamweight bout: Tim Elliott vs. Mark De La Rosa
Middleweight bout: Marvin Vettori vs. Omari Akhmedov​

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Not the star power you'd expect on the end of year PPV but it's a solid main card. It doesn't sound like they'll be able to find an opponent for Rivera so one of the prelim fights will probably get bumped up.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This card quietly kind of sucks to be honest, at least for a PPV. Cyborg v Holm is whatever, and of course the co-main is great. Excited to see the return of Carlos Condit.

But aside from that? I think the undercard has some interesting fighters, but there isn't too much here to get excited about.

Reactions: LSCII

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm usually not into the one-sided Cyborg fights either but I'm kinda intrigued by this one. At least she's finally fighting a high level fighter and not some random woman the promotion just signed to get beat up.

Khabib/Barboza and Condit/Magny are the best fights on paper though.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
The underrated perceived brawler who's really a well-put together counter striker (Cyborg) vs the overrated perceived counter striker who's really a weirdly put-together outside kickboxer (Holms). The way how Holly lost her last fights and how Bethe Correia was competitive, I can't see this being all that competitive stylistically.

Cut some space, let Holly throw first, Counter, Rinse & Repeat. Cyborg does it that better than Valentina and GDR

Last edited:

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I could see two ways to win for Holly.

(Stoppage) Holly is dangerous against people who walk forward. If she can time Cyborg's head movement maybe she can connect for a knockdown/tko/ko. Cyborg is kind of robotic with the way she ducks and bobs.

(Decision) Maybe Holly can give ground, stick her with the jab and force Cyborg to change tactics. Make her circle or something. Not sure I've seen one of Cyborg's opponents succeed in taking control of the fight strategy before but we might see it if Holm can frustrate Cyborg's attacks and make her uncomfortable.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
the more i think about it, i think we see the return of the Jackson-Wink "running TF away" strategy. In fact, that's the only path to victory for Holm. She has to frustrate Cyborg to the point Cyborg has to get reckless.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
I'm predicting both Khabib and Cyborg to earn a finish on the ground via TKO. Maybe a sub for Khabib.

Reactions: Deen

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Bet all my vcash on Khabib. I think that's an easy win. Josh Thompson talked about him being a World beater at AKA.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
That's an impressive debut by that polish guy against a very dangerous opponent. He should maybe think about 185 though with that build.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
That's an impressive debut by that polish guy against a very dangerous opponent. He should maybe think about 185 though with that build.

That guy was really flabby. He could probably make 170.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Tough to watch Condit nowadays. He's a shadow of his former self.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Girl fights are always hard to call. If they get hit hard enough, they tend to turtle and quit. That said, I'll take Calvill.o

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
"Cynthia Calvillo is heated. She just walked by press row shouting, "I won that shit!"

I thought she lost.

Apparently there are a lot of empty seats there tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad