Women's Strawweight bout: Pearl Gonzalez vs. Poliana Botelho
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Heavyweight bout: Walt Harris vs. Mark Godbeer
Flyweight bout: John Moraga vs. Magomed Bibulatov
Middleweight bout: Thales Leites vs. Brad Tavares
Flyweight bout: Matt Schnell vs. Marco Beltrán​

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good card besides the one replacement fight that sticks out on the main card.

Obviously looking forward to the main event the most. I like watching both fighters but I've become a pretty big Lee fan recently so I hope he pulls it off. This should be a very good fight.

The Werdum/Lewis fight looks good on paper but Werdum could probably take Lewis down and just toy with him on the ground if he wants. This seems like one where Lewis needs to catch Werdum early on.

On the prelims Green/Vannata could be a fun one.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Looking forward to the card, though I don't think it's particularly good. They cobbled it together with an interim belt & the Johnson/Borg fight getting moved here, but still. Looking forward to Duquesnoy fighting again, though.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Looking forward to this card. Main event should be good and some other fun fights in Green/Vannata and Dariush/Dunham. Don't really care for DJ's title defense.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm just not really impressed with Ray Borg as an opponent for DJ... Just bland to me. Should be a cakewalk for DJ.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Looks like Lee should have laid off the tiramisu and that despite his statements otherwise, is in fact a bitch...:laugh:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Disappointed I will miss the main event, but overall, not that upset I'll miss this card. If DJ is put in trouble and if Lewis catches Werdum early, it could get interesting. Otherwise, I expect DJ to mow down Borg and Werdum will toy with Lewis until he eventually wears him down and submits him or wins by decision.

But I've been wrong before.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Do you really get to say I told you so and say you're not a bitch after saying you would make weight easily and failed the first time and had to be given extra time to make it? :laugh:

Lee is an idiot, but he's at least amusing to listen to. Thought Ferguson was going to tune him up already, and that was before the extra hard weight cut. After seeing the shell of Lee at the weigh in the second time, I think he's going to get his face caved in and will be lucky to make it out of round one.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lee looked terrible in the pics people tweeted out. A brutal weight cut before a five round title fight against a top ranked fighter is never good.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I still believe in Borg to give DJ a tough fight. Borg is one of the rare flyweights who's possibly faster than DJ. Great athletes can always surprise.

This is probably gonna be a 49-46 DJ decision since I don't see DJ tapping Borg out and Borg is tough & doesn't quit on himself.

Last edited:

member 51464

It just seems so random for Lee. As far as I recall, he has never had any cutting issues before. I wonder what he did differently in preparation this time.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Tiramisu is should be labeled as an MMA weight cut curse. Don't eat it, Don't touch it, Don't look at it, Don't even talk of it.

Joking aside, it's not really unusual. Lee is simply maturing physically and entering his physical prime, thus getting bigger & strong. If his cutting methods + nutrition aren't on point, there comes a point where he might start struggling with the cut. It's probably the same thing for Ray Borg.

Reactions: member 51464

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Werdum now fighting Walt Harris after Lewis pulled out with back issues. Bummer.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Duquesnoy looks very impressive so far. He's got tremendous hips which makes it so hard to keep him on the ground. If there's a thing he needs to improve, it's his defense while moving backward. His defense when he's pressuring is pretty good though.

That 3rd round is weird from Duquesnoy. He kinda had that "prospect running out of ideas" moment

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'm really not a big fan of Cormier's commentary

I'd like to see Mir get some time on the mic

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Cormier has heavy bias towards clinch grappling. He treats wall control like some sort of dominant position equivalent to taking someone down lol. Noticed that with Chael Sonnen on Bellator yesterday too.

Can't say I agree with the Draw on that fight. 3rd was easily Dariush's round, landing more consistently and landing more telling strikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->