Value of: UFA John Carlson. Does he walk or Caps will lock him up?

Carlson will...

• Stay with WSH and get 6-7 AAV

• Stay with WSH and get 7-8 AAV

• Stay with WSH and get 8+ AAV

• Walk and get 6-7 AAV

• Walk and get 7-8 AAV

• Walk and get 8+ AAV

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jan 21, 2018
Do you really think players are just clamouring to play with a cheap-shot artist?

Yea because a player is really going to not choose Toronto because of Kadri. I can understand not wanting to play for a team because they suck or even if they despise the coach/system the team plays.

Everyone hates playing against Marchand but I'm sure Bergeron loves having him on his team. What a terrible post you made.

Reactions: haveandare

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
That would look great but I’m guessing the chances of him wanting to sign in Edmonton would be low.
You never know my man. Playing with McDavid has to be pretty attractive, and knowing that he lacks a RH PP point man would add to it.

On top of that, hed automatically become our #1D ..hed play 25-30 min a night here.

Money does talk..but the Oilers don't have much of it to spend freely.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
That is a lot of mental gymnastics you had to complete early in the morning to classify Kadri as cheap but Wilson as simply reckless.

Tom Wilson is a far dirtier player than Nazem Kadri and it isn't even close.
Again the Department of Player Safety disagree with you. As of today, I can't think of too many players abjectly dirtier/cheaper (Marchand) than Kadri and it isn't even close.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
You never know my man. Playing with McDavid has to be pretty attractive, and knowing that he lacks a RH PP point man would add to it.

On top of that, hed automatically become our #1D ..hed play 25-30 min a night here.

Money does talk..but the Oilers don't have much of it to spend freely.
So does success......

Bigboi123

Apr 15, 2018
Kitchener ON
Yea because a player is really going to not choose Toronto because of Kadri. I can understand not wanting to play for a team because they suck or even if they despise the coach/system the team plays.

Everyone hates playing against Marchand but I'm sure Bergeron loves having him on his team. What a terrible post you made.

The original poster was saying that Kadri was a lure for Carlsson to join the team. If anything he's a reason to steer clear.

Jan 21, 2018
Carlson is not going to Edmonton. Even if they somehow manage to find cap space with all those bad contracts, he'll only go there if they vastly overpay (see Lucic).

Edmonton's cap situation thanks to Chiarelli prevents them from overpaying even if they sorely need someone like Carlson.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
Doubt he stays with Washington, especially if they're out in the 1st round. He'll probably get a contract that's worth much more than what he deserves if he goes to Free Agency. I really hope he doesn't consider Vancouver as an option, nor do the Canucks go hard after him with a long-term deal.

Reactions: haveandare

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Especially if the Isles don't sign Tavares, the Isles will have the money for Carlson. Geography wise might be a preferred place for Carlson. I really don't see him moving to the Western Conference.

Bigboi123

Apr 15, 2018
Kitchener ON
So replying to a bad post with another bad post? Two wrong's don't make a right :)

Tell me again he's not a cheap-shot artist when he's been suspended for the entire series?

kadri2.jpg

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
To wsh
Seks
Simpson
To edm
Rights to Carlson

Why would Washington even consider it ? Simpson is a nothing prospect , ever team has them . Sekera while he was very good last year he been garbage since returning from his injury . Maybe he becomes a movable asset if he proves he can return to form .

Then there the fact that Edmonton can not afford to resign him for what Washington fan say he is looking for . Love to have him but it going to take a better package then what you offer up and move cap will need to be moved either in the deal or in another deal

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
Teams that could use him.

:leafs:isles:edmonton:wings:vegas:devils

Why would he not sign in NJ? So the Islanders. Detroit, Edmonton make zero sense.

Islanders if they sign JT wont have the space, if they dont sign JT will not be desireable - esp if NJ is same thing geographically with much better trajectory.

Edmonton - No reason to to go western canada for that.

Detroit. Just dont see anything compelling about that situation when others will offer same $.

Toronto may have a hard time matching $ - but players always seem to be attracted there so can't discount it.

Vegas it seems is developing into a unique place so can't discount that either but its a western city for a guy from NJ who has played East, his family and wife family all from east. Why?

NJ - He's from NJ, grew up going to Devils games, when the Caps play in Newark he has a group of 100+ in stands. The Devils are in desperate need of a 1D. They are a playoff team with YOUTH and on the rise. Have a MVP or near MVP in his prime returning, Hischier at 19 (next year) a very good core rising. A great arena situation (one of only 2 in NHL with practice rink attached to game rink - go to same office everyday - Hall has spoken glowingly about this)... Great suburbs for family life. PLUS - they have all the cap in the world...

Again - why not?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Doubt he stays with Washington, especially if they're out in the 1st round. He'll probably get a contract that's worth much more than what he deserves if he goes to Free Agency. I really hope he doesn't consider Vancouver as an option, nor do the Canucks go hard after him with a long-term deal.
If he leaves Wsh because he's looking to win in the POs I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Reactions: donut

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Especially if the Isles don't sign Tavares, the Isles will have the money for Carlson. Geography wise might be a preferred place for Carlson. I really don't see him moving to the Western Conference.
Why would anyone willingly go to the NYI right now? I mean I doubt they'll be the highest bidders, Snow at least knows the Isles are more than a Carlson away without Tavares.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Why would anyone willingly go to the NYI right now? I mean I doubt they'll be the highest bidders, Snow at least knows the Isles are more than a Carlson away without Tavares.

I don't think players lean on those types of details as much as many here think.

Islanders can offer a lot of $$, term, playing time and are located in one of the best places to live and work in the world. Not to mention, the future seems quite bright.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I don't think players lean on those types of details as much as many here think.

Islanders can offer a lot of $$, term, playing time and are located in one of the best places to live and work in the world. Not to mention, the future seems quite bright.
They could also go with the fact that the Isles missed the POs and are picking in the Lottery this year and are most certain to again next year if they lose Tavares.

If that future seems bright I've got some stock in Toys-R-Us I can sell you.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron

Well it's partly about the money for Carlson. How many teams, especially good teams have the cap for Carlson? Still if Tavares leaves, the Isles have money and they might want to spend that money on a premier player instead of couple of meh guys.
My thoughts are Caps, Devils and Isles have the best shot at Carlson.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
They could also go with the fact that the Isles missed the POs and are picking in the Lottery this year and are most certain to again next year if they lose Tavares.

If that future seems bright I've got some stock in Toys-R-Us I can sell you.

Barzal is a franchise C
Lee is a 30g wing
Eberle is a good player entering his prime
Tavares might stay
Shot at Dahlin
High 1st from Calgary
Sorokin top 3 goalie prospect, reports he's coming over soon. Many consider him a top 10 prospect.
Josh Ho Sang
Calvin DeHann could be a top pairing defender
Leddy is a beast, even if he's having a bad defensive year.

In my opinion, that team has a bright future. I think they contend for a P/O spot next year and build on a good forward core. I think you put an average goaltender on that team and suddenly it changes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->