Value of: UFA John Carlson. Does he walk or Caps will lock him up?

Carlson will...

• Stay with WSH and get 6-7 AAV

• Stay with WSH and get 7-8 AAV

• Stay with WSH and get 8+ AAV

• Walk and get 6-7 AAV

• Walk and get 7-8 AAV

• Walk and get 8+ AAV

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Agressively ? Sounds like overpayment to me, which the Leafs aren't going to do. Carlson will get offers from places where he truly wants to live, the Leafs really aren't on his radar IMO.

How is it overpayment when I didn’t indicate any salary or term? Has there been any public knowledge of where Carlson prefers to live or not to live?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
How is it overpayment when I didn’t indicate any salary or term? Has there been any public knowledge of where Carlson prefers to live or not to live?

Only thing he's really said is that he loves the DC and does lots of community work there.

He's from New Jersey but i don't believe he's ever mentioned any desire to play there.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron

OK. Then please define "aggressivley". As I wrote before, sounds like overpayment to me. No, I doubt if there has been public knowledge of where Carlson prefers to live. Just like there no public announcement about Tavares next team. I'm guessing though Leafs chances are better than 1 in 31 for Tavares I'm projecting that are Leafs aren't a top contender for Carlson either.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
OK. Then please define "aggressivley". As I wrote before, sounds like overpayment to me. No, I doubt if there has been public knowledge of where Carlson prefers to live. Just like there no public announcement about Tavares next team. I'm guessing though Leafs chances are better than 1 in 31 for Tavares I'm projecting that are Leafs aren't a top contender for Carlson either.

Aggressive sales pitch, there is making someone an offer and then there is selling someone on an idea of something. That is what I mean when I say aggressive not giving him a blank cheque and telling him to fill out the number. I’m curious of how someone would come to the opinion if there is no knowledge of the subject. You may very well be correct and he will not sign with the Leafs or even consider them but without knowledge on the subject it seems strange to come to the conclusion that they have no chance if he does become UFA. There are plenty of reasons why a player would want to play for the current Leafs and also plenty of reasons why someone would enjoy living in Toronto.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Only thing he's really said is that he loves the DC and does lots of community work there.

He's from New Jersey but i don't believe he's ever mentioned any desire to play there.

It's one of a few places he would go to, according to someone in his family. He wants to stay in Wash was the feeling, but things change.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

I don't think he's really mentioned anywhere other than Washington.

If he does go to open market, you've gotta think that NJ is probably at least on his list of teams to hear out. He's from NJ, grew up going to Devils games, team has a young core and approaching the end of the rebuild, and has tons of cap space.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Sounds like he's looking for between $8 to $9 million per and Marner/Nylander probably get Pastrnak money and Matthews probably a shade more then Eichel can the Leafs afford that much.

They can but I don't think he's the right guy to back the truck up for. Better park that money in a big one-year contract for Thornton or Tavares to have it ready for Doughty/Karlsson next year.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
Sounds like he's looking for between $8 to $9 million per and Marner/Nylander probably get Pastrnak money and Matthews probably a shade more then Eichel can the Leafs afford that much.

They could fit him under the cap even at those numbers but it probably would prove to be unwise to give Carlson 8M-9M a season.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Do you really think players are just clamouring to play with a cheap-shot artist?

What a bizarre comment to make considering he currently plays on a team with Tom Wilson

Anyway, the Leafs babe annexcess is salary cap for this one upcoming season. I wouldn’t mind them offering a massive one year deal in the range of 10M

Jan 21, 2018
I had Carlson re-signing at like 90%. Losing two more straight games and that number goes down drastically.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
What a bizarre comment to make considering he currently plays on a team with Tom Wilson

Anyway, the Leafs babe annexcess is salary cap for this one upcoming season. I wouldn’t mind them offering a massive one year deal in the range of 10M
Tom Wilson has one suspension in meaningful games. How many does Kadri have? How many career fights does Kadri have? Tom Wilson is reckless, not cheap. While the original posters comment was interesting, this is not the most appropriate comparison to make.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Tom Wilson has one suspension in meaningful games. How many does Kadri have? How many career fights does Kadri have? Tom Wilson is reckless, not cheap. While the original posters comment was interesting, this is not the most appropriate comparison to make.

That is a lot of mental gymnastics you had to complete early in the morning to classify Kadri as cheap but Wilson as simply reckless.

Tom Wilson is a far dirtier player than Nazem Kadri and it isn't even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->