OT: UB and St. Bonaventure in March Madness

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Hey - I'm not a basketball fan by any means and living in North Carolina where I'm asked all the time if I like "Duke or UNC" (answer - neither) makes me even less of one but it's pretty amazing to have both the University of Buffalo (my alma mater) and St. Bonaventure in the tournament.

Even cooler is St. Bonaventure beating UCLA to advance against #6 Florida.

I'm sure you know more about basketball than I but this is still pretty sick.

Reactions: EmeraldCitySabre

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
My team didn't make it, but I was very happy the Bulls (my Brothers alma mater) and Bonnies made it and will root hard for both. I picked the Bonnies to make it to the round of 32 in my bracket so I was happy about the win tonight, plus I hate UCLA. I thought Canisius was gonna make it too, but them and Niagara crapped out in the MAAC tourney.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I'm a UB alum and used to watch all of the Bulls' games but trailed off a bit a couple years ago. It's good to see the program have success and I still follow news about the team. I hope they can do some damage in the tourney this year. They look awfully formidable.

sabresfan3383

Dec 3, 2004
Tonawanda, NY
I got more in to collegiate/junior sports in general with giving up my Sabres tix this season (my thesportslogbook.com account is quite varied the last few months haha)

Made sure to see all the little 4 teams, and Bona and UB are both entertaining teams who deserved to be in. Hope UB can overcome the shafting they got drawing Arizona in round 1. If Bona can have a better shooting than they did last night, they should hang in with Florida well.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Went to a couple UB games this year. They're a fun team to watch and could beat a lot of teams in the tournament on their day. Too bad they drew Arizona.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
No action in here both both UB and St. Bonaventure are playing tough! UB over AZ at the half, Bonnies come back from being 14 - 7 down to tying it up late in the first half. :)

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
That game was crazy. It wasn't an upset the way UB played. They just flat out owned Arizona. I'm excited about the game against Kentucky and I'll be in Buffalo for the Sabres game and the St. Patrick's Day Parade so wherever I am should be rocking!

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
Loved that game. Kentucky is beatable so UB could pull another shocker. This Bulls team is good, Nate Oats is a helluva coach and he only loses 1 key player next year (Wes Clark). They could flirt with the top 25 if Oats doesn't get poached.

Reactions: Dingo44

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
Incredibly happy for the guys on that team. Don't know any on the current team really well but had a couple through my classes and have known some well in the past so I can guess what this means to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->