U20-tournament in Grand forks 10-14 Aug 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
sorry, can't help you with the roster thinger since I can't get my miserable wretched flippin' computer to view the game :mad: :banghead: .....but any chance you could fill us in on the score and details....like uhh.....who scored & the assist...errrr....uhhh.....and anything else you wanna add?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
After two periods it's USA Blue 6, USA White 2.

IMO O'Sullivan has been the best player on the ice. He's got two nice goals (one short handed) and he's just controlling the entire game when he's on the ice. He and Drew Stafford have been a good tandem.

Kessel blew me away a few times. He had one amazingly fluid rush into the zone that caught everyone flat-footed and ended up with a shot on goal. He also came very close to undressing Ryan Suter one-on-one on another play and Suter had to take a penalty to stop him from getting a shot.

Montoya was a little rough at first but he made some nice saves which really showed his athleticism.

Dan Fritsche has made some nice plays including a great pass that ended up with a goal.

I'll post more later if I get the chance.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Thanks cagney....appreciate it. What's the word on Schrempie? Is he even playing? Haven't heard anything about him for any of the games played so far....

Anyway, thanks for the help.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
This is the first time I've ever seen Schremp and with all the hype he's gotten I'd have to say that I expected more. He made one very nice pass which Robbie Earl put in for a goal but other than that I'd say he's been very quiet.

db23

Top scorers for tournament Nokkelainen, Soderberg, Vedllin, O'Sullivan. Not much from Schremp, Korpikoski, Stafford on the scoreboard.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Any comments from those that saw Nokelainen play. By the looks of it he was Finland's best player. Did Milbury draft another quality player who looks like a lock for the NHL? The sad thing about that is he'll most likely be traded.

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
bossy22 said:
Any comments from those that saw Nokelainen play. By the looks of it he was Finland's best player. Did Milbury draft another quality player who looks like a lock for the NHL? The sad thing about that is he'll most likely be traded.

Like the above poster said, he has some pretty soft hands. I was surprised with his offensive ability, as I expected him to mostly be a defensive player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad