Prospect Info: U20 4-Nations Tournament (Nov-12/14) Update post #40

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'm a day behind but some footage of Kapanen vs Mysak,

the main highlight it at the end where Mysak gets a SO but has a weak attempt.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Finland beat Sweden 2-1 today in their final game of the tournament. No points for Kapanen.

He finished this with 1 goal in 3 GP.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Czech Republic lost 4-3 to Russia today in their final game of the tournament. No points for Mysak.

He ended this tournament with 3 pts (1G, 2A) in 3 GP. All 3 points coming in the same game against Sweden.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

this is Kapanen's game from Friday, he scored a goal, played a lot as there were a number of calls and he was on the top PK unit and PP. He saw a good bit of time during a 5 on 3 PK. Solid game from him overall.

Reactions: bopeep and Locks

Locks

May 28, 2005
How was Mysak overall? I am a big fan of his and God knows you can never have too many centres. ;)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How was Mysak overall? I am a big fan of his and God knows you can never have too many centres. ;)

I wanted to focus more on Kapanen since I likely won't get to see much of him and I still have a few more games to get to but he was solid for sure. If he doesn't add a lot of mass and strength I could see him on the wing down the road but we'll see what happens.

Reactions: Locks

Locks

May 28, 2005
I wanted to focus more on Kapanen since I likely won't get to see much of him and I still have a few more games to get to but he was solid for sure. If he doesn't add a lot of mass and strength I could see him on the wing down the road but we'll see what happens.

Mysak can play both but I think he has the attributes to be a solid centre, he plays a very complete game. There is no reason he does not add strength. I'm looking forward to see him in camp. I have not seen much of Kapanen but he probably the one ending up on the wing as he is more of a finisher.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Mysak can play both but I think he has the attributes to be a solid centre, he plays a very complete game. There is no reason he does not add strength. I'm looking forward to see him in camp. I have not seen much of Kapanen but he probably the one ending up on the wing as he is more of a finisher.

They both will play wing.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

good news for Kapanen though I had him as a lock for the WJC's.

bad news for Kostenko as I read where Russia is sending the U-20 team to the Euro Tour games which are going on at the same time, so this means Kostenko is likely not in the plans for the WJC's next month though I guess we'll see.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sweet ! Traditionally it's a very good sign as far as being on the WJC roster at the end of the year goes.

It's good to hear that he's still on Russia's radar for the WJC. Hoping this tourney kickstarts his point production back to where it was at the beginning of the season

this is their B team, they sent the A team to the Euro Cup again, must be a new trend for Russia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad