GDT: U18 Worlds Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
he generated an assist for himself and a goal for his team Russia

If he got an assist on Barbashev's first goal, I didn't realize it, but I think you know what I mean. He controlled the puck behind the net and just kept going back and forth, back and forth. It was an impressive show, but he never seemed to try to make a pass or center the puck until exhaustion just forced him to get rid of it. Being able to do what he does is only valuable if he can successfully take it to the net, as he did in the WJC, or pass the puck to an open teammate. Russia could have used an additional goal in the 3rd to have some breathing room.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
His "warped point of view on Russian hockey"? How could someone have a "warped" point of view of a kid's game? Please explain!:sarcasm:

Warped simply means abnormal or strange. Don't throw this "kid's game" line at me, you are more intelligent than that.

Anyway, this is best left for another time or through PM.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Warped simply means abnormal or strange. Don't throw this "kid's game" line at me, you are more intelligent than that.

Anyway, this is best left for another time or through PM.

My understanding of HF Boards philosophy is that free speech reigns here as long as it is carried out within the framework of accepted norms and protocols. Everyone has the right to their own opinions - you can challenge them if you want, as long as you do so in accordance with HF Boards protocols. I have never noticed anything abnormal or strange about his opinions regarding Russian hockey. If I am missing something, please fill me in.

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
If he got an assist on Barbashev's first goal, I didn't realize it, but I think you know what I mean. He controlled the puck behind the net and just kept going back and forth, back and forth. It was an impressive show, but he never seemed to try to make a pass or center the puck until exhaustion just forced him to get rid of it. Being able to do what he does is only valuable if he can successfully take it to the net, as he did in the WJC, or pass the puck to an open teammate. Russia could have used an additional goal in the 3rd to have some breathing room.

I wanted to say that often there were like 2-3 Finns chasing him and not only on one but several occasions when he gave out a pass there was a scoring chance. On that goal too he was occupying a lot of Finnish effort alone just making 2 Finns chase him. Yeah there were times when it seemed he held onto the puck for too long but maybe that's because he still doesn't quite have an understanding with his linemates and therefore tries to do more things alone.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I wanted to say that often there were like 2-3 Finns chasing him and not only on one but several occasions when he gave out a pass there was a scoring chance. On that goal too he was occupying a lot of Finnish effort alone just making 2 Finns chase him. Yeah there were times when it seemed he held onto the puck for too long but maybe that's because he still doesn't quite have an understanding with his linemates and therefore tries to do more things alone.

The advantage of having 2 or 3 defenders draped over you is that it leaves 2 or 3 of your teammates wide open. Whatever his motivation or rationale, today he didn't take advantage of the manpower advantages that he created, instead just hanging on to the puck to try to make a play by himself. He is a magnificent talent, but he definitely needs to learn how to use it better.

Fulcrum

The advantage of having 2 or 3 defenders draped over you is that it leaves 2 or 3 of your teammates wide open. Whatever his motivation or rationale, today he didn't take advantage of the manpower advantages that he created, instead just hanging on to the puck to try to make a play by himself. He is a magnificent talent, but he definitely needs to learn how to use it better.

Sometimes the puck just doesn't go in. Nichushkin set up his teammates for some really good chances, but Ivanov and the Defenders couldn't reach that level.

It takes time for him to adjust from being a kid on a professional team to a leader, very different roles.

If I was Kravchuk I would ask Nichushkin to keep doing what he is doing and maybe even simplify the game even more, let Buchnevich carry the puck in and set him up to give Nichushkin space instead of him coming into the zone with 2-3 opponents draping over him, at which point he can't pass or shoot effectively.

Tolchinsky wasn't sharp and didn't create any real opportunities, he had some bad giveaways on the blue line though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad