U18 WJC Gold Medal GDT - USA vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
It really should be a great game. I was so excited during Czech Republic-Canada yesterday, this game will be even better. I miss hockey but it's not that bad, because of games like these.

chicpea*

Let's Go Canada!! Clune, Clutterbuck and Pyatt (really fast)!

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Who does Camp match up against Kessel? Is there a player on CAN who can match his speed and shadow him the whole game. The Clune, Clutterbuck, Bass line is the grinding line and Pyatt is a grinder as well but maybe someone like Bertram will be assigned to closely check Kessel for this one game.

CH Wizard

I think Usa will win but Canada still has a strong chance to win.

Go CANADA!!!!! :yo:

The key is to neutralise Usa's forwards, like Kessel,Mueller,Skille,Stoa and etc...Frazee has alos been solid so putting pressure on the opposite d's could also work to score some goals!

chicpea*

bossy22 said:
Who does Camp match up against Kessel? Is there a player on CAN who can match his speed and shadow him the whole game. The Clune, Clutterbuck, Bass line is the grinding line and Pyatt is a grinder as well but maybe someone like Bertram will be assigned to closely check Kessel for this one game.

Good question. Who knows. I'd say Bertram et al, but who knows if they can even do it.

As for Frazee, I'm less worried about him than I am about the forward corps.

edit: Pierre just mentioned O'marra and Bourdon vs Kessel (split)

we have got to start hitting more! pp canada

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
chicpea said:
Good question. Who knows. I'd say Bertram et al, but who knows if they can even do it.

As for Frazee, I'm less worried about him than I am about the forward corps.

Maguire just suggested O'Marra and Bourdon as much as possible against Kessel.
We'll see what happens.

chicpea*

Ugh, well maybe they'll realise they need to double team Kessel now. (nice goal by the way, pure burst of speed).

Macman

May 15, 2004
Not a good sign. Kessel's first chance and he scores. They can't give him any more and expect to win.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Great break out and transition game by the US. Speed kills and Kessel has plenty of it. Maguire compares him to Pat Lafontaine.

Does Price always try to poke check oppenents on Breakaways? he tried it in the semi final game on the 2nd CZE goal and it didn't work then either. Great move when it works but you have zero chance if you miss the puck. Kessel made no mistake

Macman

May 15, 2004
Geez. Tremendous chances by Canada but Johnson makes sliding save on an open net and Canada missed the net on a rebound.

chicpea*

Oh My God!!!!!!! how close can we get?!!!> Nice save by Frazee/Johnson

chicpea*

Omarra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1-1~

Garbage goal - but I'll take it. O'Marra Johnny on the spot for the rebound.

That said - we need to start winning more offensive zone face-offs.

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
O'Marra has really impressed me in this tourny. Great chances there on the PP as 2 CAN's had an open net.

Johnson made some great plays in that sequence.

O'Marra scores as I'm typing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad