U17 World Hockey Challenge in NL

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
GOBRUINS19 said:
I will be definitely attending some games. Question: What ones?

Who are the best ones playing and on what team?

Thanks

USA should be the best with Phil Kessel, Jason Lawrence, Jack Johnson, Peter Mueller, Chad Morin, Mike Stuart, Jack SKille, Jeff Frazee, all being potential 1st to 2nd rounders in their NHL years with Kessel, Johnson, Mueller, Skille, Morin and Lawrence having top 10 potential.

Pacific has Gilbert Brule, Daniel Bertram, Brock Bradford, Mike Gauthier, Nic Drazenovic, Devin Setougchi, Carey Price and a few others with Brule, Bertram having top 5 potential in their draft years, and the rest being 1st to potential 2nd rounders.

Western will have Cody Burki, Chris Durand and a few others I forget right now but Durand will be the one to watch on this list.

Ontario will have Cogliano, Lawrence, Little, Rizze, Staal, McNeil having 1st round potential in their drafts, with Cogliano having top 5 skill but at 5'09 it could hurt him from going in the top 5.

Atlantic look out for Luc Bourdon one of the best d-men for his age group and potential 1st round pick in the 2005 NHL draft, Ryan Mior who is ranked as the best goalie in Canada for his age and is a potential top 10 pick in 2005, they also have Daniel Ryder who is a potential 1st round pick in 2005 as well and is the brother of Michael Ryder as well, Daniel plays in the OHL. They should have had Crosby as well but he will be playing for the WJC team.

Quebec has Latendresse who should be a top 5 pick in 2005 and is maybe the most complete player for his age, Charland and Cote have the potential to go in the top 2 rounds of their drafts as well, super scorer Cherret will be one to watch but he is only 5'06. Paquet is maybe the best d-man for his age in Canada for 2005 draft and Matheiu Carle is a real gem for the 2006 draft as he has top 10 potential, Levasseur is a potential 1st round pick goalie as well.

Russia is always a team to watch their roster isn't out yet but they always have potential super stars on their team, in the last U17 Russia had Ovechkin, Glazachev those are the ones I can remember and the year I was there in 2001 Russia had Zherdev, Babchuck, Evseev, Igor Mironov to name a few.

Just try to see every team this one has just stacked with talent everywhere.

BCCHL inactive

moosefan said:
Brule, Bertram having top 5 potential in their draft years

I would agree if Bertram was playing Major Junior hockey. However, since he has chosen to go the NCAA route through Jr.A hockey, I don't see Bertram going until the late 2nd, early 3rd round in his draft year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->