U16 Elite Camp

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Probably gonna be one of the worst classes in a while overall. The top guys look great though with Björnfot, Grewe, Gunler but it drops off on really good prospects after that if we're looking towards NHL.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Probably gonna be one of the worst classes in a while overall. The top guys look great though with Björnfot, Grewe, Gunler but it drops off on really good prospects after that if we're looking towards NHL.

The Ibrahimovic effect?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002

I have a feeling we will see quite a few underagers (2002 borns) in the future when this age group is competing. Having no knowledge of the 2002 age group depth, the top -02 players already seem more interesting than those from the 2001 group.

GC

Jun 13, 2015
I have a feeling we will see quite a few underagers (2002 borns) in the future when this age group is competing. Having no knowledge of the 2002 age group depth, the top -02 players already seem more interesting than those from the 2001 group.

The -02-group seems even thinner than the -01-group.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014

Well if Gunler or Grewe become the next P Forsberg, I can live with it not being so deph.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
First U16 roster announced:
swe_roster_dec_2016.pdf

Watched bits of the camp scrimmages and Victor Söderström impressed me the most. Philip Broberg, Isac Andersson and Jakob Grönhagen (197 cm!) also stood out.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Holtz is the next great Swedish forward if he keeps his development on track. Insane.

Gunler stats is even more impressing and Crewe is not far behind, sure some will say he is 01, but they are part of the same draft (not Crewe but Gunler) and it is not many months between. Statswise 01/02 group seems to be one of the strongest age-groups, espically forwards has much better stats than the pretty weak (forwardwise) 99/00 group. I can not say I have watch very much of them and it is still just J18 elit, but I do not really get where this about this being a weak age-group come from.

Hyped players like Dahlin didnt even play in J18 elit when he was at the same age, and Wernblom that is probably the by far best forward of the 99/00 group, wasnt either close to this statsnumbers.

I expect many of these player to get the chance in superelit soon, and that will be intresting.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I think Grewe is going to become a good player but he relies a lot on power and strength, there are more talented players in his age group who will likely pass him after they've added some muscle.

Gunler is an interesting player because of his goal scoring instincts, he doesn't really stand out much on the ice though.

Isac Andersson and Simon Holmström are perhaps my favorite forwards from the 01 class. Two very smart players. Victor Söderström & Philip Broberg would be my top D-men.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Speaking of Holtz, after tonight (1+2) he now has 18 points (11+7) in 9 games in J18 Elit Östra. I'd guess the Stockholm region is pretty good, no?

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Speaking of Holtz, after tonight (1+2) he now has 18 points (11+7) in 9 games in J18 Elit Östra. I'd guess the Stockholm region is pretty good, no?

Crazy numbers. He is outscoring both Nylanders by a lot while being a year younger.

GC

Jun 13, 2015
J18 Elit Östra isn't any better than the other elite-series. It has a quite bad reputation.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
J18 Elit Östra isn't any better than the other elite-series. It has a quite bad reputation.

Oh, ok. I read somewhere that J18 Elit Norra is pretty weak though? So I thought I'd ask, to get some context.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Surprised Alex Popovic didn't make the roster. 14 points in 15 games and been the clear cut best D in Modos J18. Already played two games with J20 aswell.

luddf

Nov 5, 2013
Gävle
Oh, ok. I read somewhere that J18 Elit Norra is pretty weak though? So I thought I'd ask, to get some context.

There is not much difference between the top teams in any of the j18 leagues. but the quality of teams thats not in the top differs greatly between the leagues. Where the south and the west leauge is better overall.

luddf

Nov 5, 2013
Gävle
Surprised Alex Popovic didn't make the roster. 14 points in 15 games and been the clear cut best D in Modos J18. Already played two games with J20 aswell.

He will probably get a chance to play later this season, he is an offensive d and they took out Söderström and Björnfot which is also good offensive defenders

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
There is not much difference between the top teams in any of the j18 leagues. but the quality of teams thats not in the top differs greatly between the leagues. Where the south and the west leauge is better overall.

Ok, thanks.

Swede95

Nov 11, 2016
J18 Elit Östra probably has the lowest level compared to the other 3 even the top teams. I would say södra is the best one.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad