Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
JasonMacIsaac said:
It is posted on another board that Conklin and Langenbrunner made the team and Gomez didn't.If so huge mistake by USA.

i don't see how they'd know. the roster won't be released until 615 tonight, and they're being very lock and key about it.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
nomorekids said:
i don't see how they'd know. the roster won't be released until 615 tonight, and they're being very lock and key about it.

They're going to announce it on the early SportsCenter tonight. I'm very excited to see who makes it. I expect the usual suspects but guys like Leopold and Conroy have probably played their way onto the team.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
JasonMacIsaac said:
It is posted on another board that Conklin and Langenbrunner made the team and Gomez didn't.If so huge mistake by USA.

4 centers better than Gomez.

Roenick
Modano
Weight
Conroy

Gomez's time will come down the road.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
My final prediction before the announcement in an hour...

Goalies (3): Rick DiPietro, Robert Esche, John Grahame

Defensemen (8): Bryan Berard, Chris Chelios, Derian Hatcher, Ken Klee, Brian Leetch, Jordan Leopold, Brian Rafalski, Mathieu Schneider

Forwards (15): Tony Amonte, Erik Cole, Craig Conroy, Chris Drury, Scott Gomez, Bill Guerin, Brett Hull, Steve Konowalchuk, John LeClair, Mike Modano, Jeremy Roenick, Brian Rolston, Keith Tkachuk, Doug Weight, Mike York

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
JasonMacIsaac said:

Not really. The U.S. has plenty of playmaking centers and is a little thin on the wings. I wouldn't be surprised if Langenbrunner is named.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
nomorekids said:
I got an email from the Islanders website saying that Dipietro and Jason Blake made the team. Apparantly the teams have been notified already.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Not really. The U.S. has plenty of playmaking centers and is a little thin on the wings. I wouldn't be surprised if Langenbrunner is named.
I think that few centers in the game can rush the puck up the ice like Gomez. The open ice would really enhance his abilities. He can break the trap by just skating from one end to the other. Missing out on him would be a mistake IMO.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Shoalzie said:
My final prediction before the announcement in an hour...

Goalies (3): Rick DiPietro, Robert Esche, John Grahame

Defensemen (8): Bryan Berard, Chris Chelios, Derian Hatcher, Ken Klee, Brian Leetch, Jordan Leopold, Brian Rafalski, Mathieu Schneider

Forwards (15): Tony Amonte, Erik Cole, Craig Conroy, Chris Drury, Scott Gomez, Bill Guerin, Brett Hull, Steve Konowalchuk, John LeClair, Mike Modano, Jeremy Roenick, Brian Rolston, Keith Tkachuk, Doug Weight, Mike York

Let's see...had Grahame instead of Conklin, had Berard instead of Miller, and had Cole, Gomez, and LeClair instead of Smolinski, Blake and Halpern. 21 out of 26 right...that's pretty good I guess.

EDIT--York instead of Langenbrunner...I assumed York was on the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->