Feb 27, 2002
Murica

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Rabid Ranger said:
For all those who have questions about the decision making processes that went into the naming of this year's U.S. WJC team, I would strongly suggest going to the usahockey homepage and listening to the press-conference that has been archived. Very insightful, and features questions from people like Guy Flaming and J.D. Powers from here at Hockey's Future.

Could you post a link, for our convenience? :)

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Just curious, I heard some rumours that a few of the US players didn't get a long, referred to as locker room issues. I think Bob MacKenzie might have mentioned the same thing at some point.

Can someone elaborate on what issue this is? Between the CHL and NCAA guys?

I realize it probably isn't a big deal when it comes down to it, just curious.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Just curious, I heard some rumours that a few of the US players didn't get a long, referred to as locker room issues. I think Bob MacKenzie might have mentioned the same thing at some point.

Skille and Kessel

Jazz

Dr.Sens(e) said:

McKenzie also re-iterated that point on Vancouver radio yesterday. He said that Kessel and Jack Johnson especially did not like each other. He also added that the new US coach should be able to keep the 2 of them inline.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Jazz said:
McKenzie also re-iterated that point on Vancouver radio yesterday. He said that Kessel and Jack Johnson especially did not like each other. He also added that the new US coach should be able to keep the 2 of them inline.

I think the personality conflict issue is overblown. Afterall, Kessel, Johnson, and Skille all played together last year, had great success, and won gold at the U18's.

Randall Graves*

Jazz said:
Is there anyone that likes Kessel?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
RallyKiller said:

Kessel seems to be the kind of kid that polarizes people. You either like him or you don't. Strange, because he seems like a pretty quiet, humble kid. I understand he has a pretty atrocious hockey mom, so that probably doesn't help.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
RallyKiller said:

I think part of it stems from the mother. The other part has more to do w/ the USA putting the flag around him vs. some of the other 05' draftees: JJ and Skille.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Any of us that has played hockey or ANY sport knows that there are rivalries within teams. It even happens in the NHL. It's part of being an athlete. I don't think that Kessel\Skille\Johnson\whomever HATE each other, but likely...are competitive toward each other. When it comes time to unify toward a single goal, I'm confident they'll put it all behind them.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Have Johnson and Kessel played against each other yet?

But James, I've heard from a few people that Kessel and Skille really do hate each other. And the parents hate each other. WI rivalry that goes wayy back.

Randall Graves*

Rabid Ranger said:
Kessel seems to be the kind of kid that polarizes people. You either like him or you don't. Strange, because he seems like a pretty quiet, humble kid. I understand he has a pretty atrocious hockey mom, so that probably doesn't help.
I hate parents like that.

joe_shannon_1983*

Rabid Ranger said:
Kessel seems to be the kind of kid that polarizes people. You either like him or you don't.

Kind of like Brett Hull eh?

Come to think of it, Kessel even looks somewhat like Brett Hull. At least in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->