U.S. vs Slovakia (U18 WJC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The U.S. beat Slovakia today 3-1. Chorney, Mueller, and Kessel with goals. The U.S. seemed to carry play much of the game, but the Slovak goaltender played well (the U.S. had 50 shots on goal), and the American players were pretty undisciplined (36 minutes in penalities to 24 for the Slovaks). Mark Evans called a great game. Very poised.

Last edited:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I wonder if Canada is going to beat Germany. The canucks lead 2-1 in the 3rd.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
wilka91 said:
I wonder if Canada is going to beat Germany. The canucks lead 2-1 in the 3rd.

That's a bit surprising to me as the U.S. wasted Germany 8-2 the other day (in an exhibition game). I just looked and if I read IIHF's stats correctly, Canada only has 17 shots on goal to 18 for Germany. What's up with that? Must be a sludge pit out there.

espo*

It's not doing much for my confidence to be sure.2-1? that isn't gonna cut it with me.

espo*

Rabid Ranger said:
Are you able to watch the game?
I'm checking now as we speak.They are supposed to have em on tsn but i did'nt know they were playing this morning.Oversight on my part that won't happen again.i'll get back to ya in a sec.

Negative.We officially have Red Fisher on talking about the past glories of the Montreal Canadiens on "tsn profile". Normally this would be a great thing but today,with the under 18's supposed to be on it get's a thumbs down. Have i been duped by people telling me this tourney was on t.v? Maybe they are showing it later in the day, not live as it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

espo*

As of this moment,Red is waxing nostalgic about Toe Blake and Jacques Plante with no signs of let-down, Not a good sign.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The game was this morning. It started at 8 central and I "slepted in" for work to watch it.

Very sloppy game by Canada. Hopefully they got the jitters out and can come back and play a better game against Sweden on Saturday. The game will be replayed at 11 Central on TSN.

Dan Betram best player for Canada in todays game.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
Are you able to watch the game?

I saw the game. Canada looked rusty and there was no flow, but the ref didn't help. There was a constant parade to the penalty box. I don't know what percentage of the game was played even strength, but it wasn't much.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
That's a bit surprising to me as the U.S. wasted Germany 8-2 the other day (in an exhibition game). I just looked and if I read IIHF's stats correctly, Canada only has 17 shots on goal to 18 for Germany. What's up with that? Must be a sludge pit out there.

Yeah. I thought Canada had 4 teams better than any other country's team? What's with that?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Macman said:
I saw the game. Canada looked rusty and there was no flow, but the ref didn't help. There was a constant parade to the penalty box. I don't know what percentage of the game was played even strength, but it wasn't much.

From what I gather it was a real minefield out there. 4 Germans at the line and so on. That kind of a game makes for some rough navigating.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
wilka91 said:
Yeah. I thought Canada had 4 teams better than any other country's team? What's with that?

You can only ice one team at a time (plus many of Canada's best players aren't on the team, although that's a secret between you and me). :teach:

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
wilka91 said:

That may be a sentiment but it is widely acknowledged by scouts that the team sent to this tournament is not particularly strong. It is good, yes, but not the dominating powerhouse it would have been with Crosby, Brule, et al.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
USA looks like the team to beat. Too bad they don't show any games of Team USA in the states, as I'd love to see some of their games. Hopefully their will be a USA-Canada matchup, so tsn can show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad