U.S. TV schedule sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
BMOK33 said:
I don't know what their doing in Canada. But the U.S. coverage blows....their airing so many live games, as a result games are on at like 7,8,9am....this is no good for anyone who works and stinks for most of the population under the age of 30 on weekends who are not yet awake at this time. I would think their ratings would be better if they tape delayed the games.
NBC is broadcasting live?!? Wow, that's something new. I remember laughing at NBC because I would see the commentator say LIVE yet the event was hours ago. You should be happy that it's now live. Here in Canada, we have live coverage too and most of us are fine with that. Don't you have Tivo, DVR or VHS?

Kap-the-Head

Jan 7, 2006
Saint Charles, IL
I am sorry if I am having a brainfart :confused: , but could somebody explain the way this is going to work...

WEDNESDAY, FEB. 15
5AM

MSNBC: Hockey – Men: Sweden vs. Kazakhstan (LIVE)
Hockey – Men: Canada vs. Italy (LIVE)
Hockey – Men: Finland vs. Switzerland (LIVE)
Hockey – Men: Germany vs. Czech Republic (LIVE)
Hockey – Men: Russia vs. Slovakia (LIVE)

Are they going to show all games at the same time on one channel, or this is the order of games to be shown starting with SWE-KAZ at 5 am and moving on to the next game, and then the next one and so on?
Thanks

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
Kap-the-Head said:
Are they going to show all games at the same time on one channel, or this is the order of games to be shown starting with SWE-KAZ at 5 am and moving on to the next game, and then the next one and so on?
Thanks

The answer is that NBC hasn't really announced how they will cover everything considering there are games at two rinks that will overlap. See the actual olympic schedule below for 2/15, this is not the TV schedule. Compare it to the TV schedule you posted and see what I mean:

WEDNESDAY, FEB. 15 Various locations
11:30 a.m. (5:30 a.m. ET)
Men's prelimaries - Kazakhstan vs. Sweden
1 p.m. (7 a.m. ET)
Men's prelimaries - Italy vs. Canada
3:30 p.m. (9:30 a.m. ET)
Men's prelimaries - Switzerland vs. Finland
5 p.m. (11 a.m. ET)
Men's prelimaries - Germany vs. Czech Republic
8 p.m. (2 p.m. ET)
Men's prelimaries - Russia vs. Slovakia
9 p.m. (3 p.m. ET)
Men's prelimaries - Latvia vs. U.S.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
missK said:
In case you failed to realize this, all the hockey games are being broadcast LIVE and Italy is 6 hours ahead of us. Sure they probably could have taped and run the games later in the day but I choose to be thankful that they are broadcasting each and every hockey game in the Olympics and they are broadcasting all the USA game commercial free. And they will actually show more events with this programming schedule than they ever have before.

P.S. Games on during work = why we have VCRs and TIVO.

Buy a slingbox and watch them at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->