Hedican/Hill
Poti/Carney
Orpik/Eaton
Mara/Berard

Goaltenders:

Dunham
Boucher
Johnson

Obviously things can change, and several of these players will no doubt decline, but this would be a pretty good roster, with alot of speed, perfect for the larger ice.

Last edited:

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Looks really promising. I think the first round of the NHL playoffs will be finished before the WC starts as well, and several addidtions can be made.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
A good team, unfortunately USA final roster in the WC is more or less always mediocre (at best).. since so many players turn down the national team.
I always enjoy watching team USA play though, those unknown players usually show a lot of heart and fighting spirit.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Predatore said:
A good team, unfortunately USA final roster in the WC is more or less always mediocre (at best).. since so many players turn down the national team.
I always enjoy watching team USA play though, those unknown players usually show a lot of heart and fighting spirit.

I share your pessimism, although with the new seeding format for Olympic qualification at stake (and a future roster spot on that team), not to mention a possible spot on the World Cup team, I think a few more quality players will accept the invite this year.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
yes, I'm hope so too. People are saying that this year's WC have no "interest" at all, but there should be plenty of players eager to play in the World Cup after summer and need to have a good showing at the championships to be considered.

leafaholix*

It's sad that so many American's turn down the invitation.

I think the two notable players for team USA at last years WC were Ryan Miller and Phil Housley. I think the Ferraro's and Hrkac may have been there as well.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I remember being very upset with what happend at last years WC's. After the loss to Denmark people really went overboard in berating the team. A lot of people seemed more happy seeing us lose than thier own teams win.

Either way, I'm hoping some of the players that will be available will show some national pride and make an appearance. If you take into account the players that will be available after the first round of the playoffs are over I see no reason why a competitive team can't be iced. I have a feeling USA Hockey will be pulling all the strings they can to put a good team together.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
JasonMacIsaac said:
We will have Gomez, Gionta, Langenbrunner, Rafalski, Martin, and Hale all ready for services in no time :)

How prophetic of you! I've heard Gionta is a go, don't know about any of the other Devils players.

pitthockey81

Apr 5, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
Why? He's a terrible skater...a bigger rink will hurt him...

Ha...right, tell that to Chara and Pronger, i think they both thought the same thing and ended up on Sportscenter getting emberassed. Hes deceptively fast for a big man when he gets a head of steam up.

GermanDevil

The actual roster of the U.S. Team is as follows:

Goal:
29 Ty Conklyn Edmonton Oilers
1 Mike Dunham NY Rangers
32 Alex Westlund YaroslavlLokomotiv (Russian Elite League)

Defense:
2 Brett Hauer Servette Genf (Swiss Elite League)
34 Jeff Jillson Buffalo Sabres
-- Paul Mara Phoenix Coyotes
3 Aaron Miller LA Kings
6 Andy Roach Adler Mannheim (German Elite League)

Offense:
13 Bates Battaglia Washington Capitals
9 Dustin Brown LA Kings
17 Matt Cullen Florida Panthers
23 Chris Drury Buffalo Sabres
25 Mike Grier Buffalo Sabres
11 Jeff Halpern Washington Capitals
12 Ryan Malone Pittsburgh Penguins
18 Richard Park Minnesota Wild
7 Erik Westrum Phoenix Coyotes
-- Scott Gomez New Jersey Devils
-- Blake Sloan Dallas Stars
-- Adam Hall Nashville Predators
-- Andy Hilbert Boston Bruins

Or have I fogotten any player(s)? I must know which playercards I put in my bag for the game tommorow in Germany! I hope to get some autographs on it...

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
hillbilly said:
considering you only listed 5 d-men I hope you left somebody out

There's still two players to be named.

I'm guessing they will:

Paul Martin
Brian Rafalski (if he declines, then a multitude of others)

GermanDevil

hillbilly said:
considering you only listed 5 d-men I hope you left somebody out
This are only the guys, which are official named to the roster! Some others will named in the next days! For the game today in Germany, I think there are 2 or 3 other defensemen in the roster, which are playing in european teams!

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Was Ryan Kesler invited? I noticed Dustin Brown was invited, and he's certainlly better than a few of those guys already invited. It would be good to see Kesler Brown and Malone on a line.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I just checked the USA hockey website and it appears they've retracted any statement regarding Scott Gomez participating. However, they still have Hall, Hilbert and Sloan listed. What's the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad