U.S. National Team Part VII

Sep 19, 2008
In the juniors England advance on penalties against Japan. They will play the USA Saturday at 10:20 AM EST.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
MFQDyYy.gif

I am not automatically against it.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
US to get clown pounded by Portugal in a friendly on November 14. They don't even have a manager and they scheduled a match against Portugal.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
We aren't a shit PL club who need to win 30% of our matches to not get relegated in the next 2 months.

He specializes in mercenary jobs for months at a time. You think he's gonna take on a full 4 year cycle in a program that needs rebuilding and restructuring?

He's as corrupt as they come.

And he has no international experience, b/c he got fired after 1 game as England's manager for being corrupt.

Other than that, he's perfect for the job.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
We aren't a **** PL club who need to win 30% of our matches to not get relegated in the next 2 months.

He specializes in mercenary jobs for months at a time. You think he's gonna take on a full 4 year cycle in a program that needs rebuilding and restructuring?

He's as corrupt as they come.

And he has no international experience, b/c he got fired after 1 game as England's manager for being corrupt.

Other than that, he's perfect for the job.
We aren't a shit PL club. We are a shit national team.

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I think you are oversimplifying Fat Sam's role. He specializes in getting results from players who are less than world-class.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
We are a bad national team with bad players and it is very likely he could get good results with them.

I would prefer Pareja though.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
With a national federation that is totally corrupt and needs to be cleaned up the last thing I want is a new manager who literally lost a job because of his own corrupt actions.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Don't care if Sam and Blanc are interested right now. We need to figure out who our Federation's president will be come February before we start searching for a permanent coach. My personal choice would be Pareja as well, but I think that's very unlikely.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Speaking of getting questionably appropriate foreign imports in to lead a morally and strategically bankrupt governing body, the recently vacated position of Scotland manager seems to have some people suggesting Jurgen Klinsmann as a candidate. Could regulars of this thread be kind enough to furnish me with proof of how bad he is so I can counter these suggestions appropriately? Thanks in advance.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Grant Wahl says that Landon Donovan is considering running for US Soccer president.

Also says that Boston lawyer Steven Gans has received the 3 letters of nomination that he needs to be an official candidate.

Forgot to mention this and I think its important. Kyle Martino had said that he was also heavily considering the presidency, but decided against the position because it's unpaid. It's a problem that is going to limit the amount of options available for the job.

Last edited:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Speaking of getting questionably appropriate foreign imports in to lead a morally and strategically bankrupt governing body, the recently vacated position of Scotland manager seems to have some people suggesting Jurgen Klinsmann as a candidate. Could regulars of this thread be kind enough to furnish me with proof of how bad he is so I can counter these suggestions appropriately? Thanks in advance.

Well if it's between him and Paul Lambert..

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

Do you like watching players routinely played out of position and changing the formation wholesale from game to game even if they're in the same week?

Well do I have a treat for you!

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Grant Wahl says that Landon Donovan is considering running for US Soccer president.

Also says that Boston lawyer Steven Gans has received the 3 letters of nomination that he needs to be an official candidate.

Forgot to mention this and I think its important. Kyle Martino had said that he was also heavily considering the presidency, but decided against the position because it's unpaid. It's a problem that is going to limit the amount of options available for the job.

Wynalda is running as well. He wants pro/rel and to run on the FIFA calendar.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Do you like watching players routinely played out of position and changing the formation wholesale from game to game even if they're in the same week?

Well do I have a treat for you!
You're just providing fuel to the people who think Strachan was too stubborn in persisting with the same players, you'll have to do better.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
No one is going to beat Sunil, he just has too much power. The only thing we can hope for is enough pressure where they decide that Sunil will remain responsible for purely the business side of it, and they bring someone in to overhaul the soccer side of things.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
No one is going to beat Sunil, he just has too much power. The only thing we can hope for is enough pressure where they decide that Sunil will remain responsible for purely the business side of it, and they bring someone in to overhaul the soccer side of things.

yeah agreed.

Especially with his clout within FIFA, and being in charge of the 2026 bid. No one in CONCACAF or FIFA want to see him defeated. Not happening.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

We currently are without a technical director since we showed Jurgen the door.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->