tumblr_nfyccouXSs1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Denmark beats switzerland again!
Game Review: Olaf Eller is god!

Last edited:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
Actually a decent performance against Canada...6-1.
Seldrup was man of the match with 52 saves and played really well.

Danish goalie depth is becoming better and better.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
This was really a tough loss...which speaks volumes of the performance these guys have given in this tournament. To end it all by be so disappointed when you lose to Russia in the quarterfinals.

These boys are men.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
A guy like From should raise some eyebrows among the scouts. Will be interesting to see if and how much he will have advanced on the next lists for the draft. Big Kudos to the boys. Proud of them. Should give all of them a boost and build on it until next year.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
This was really a tough loss...which speaks volumes of the performance these guys have given in this tournament. To end it all by be so disappointed when you lose to Russia in the quarterfinals.

These boys are men.

I have never come down as quickly as I did when Russia scored to 3-3. Just went from high on adrenaline to sober in 5 seconds. As Danes we shouldn't sit with a flat feeling after losing 4-3 to Russia in overtime in the quarter finals. But everything considered, it was just so close, I really believed it for a few minutes, I even tried to think of ways to dethrone Margrethe and install Eller as king instead. I'm sure the boys will feel sad about losing this match, and they should, they were so close, but yet so far. I'm sure none of them expected to be sad about losing a quarter final before the tournament, so I guess it's a good thing.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I have never come down as quickly as I did when Russia scored to 3-3. Just went from high on adrenaline to sober in 5 seconds. As Danes we shouldn't sit with a flat feeling after losing 4-3 to Russia in overtime in the quarter finals. But everything considered, it was just so close, I really believed it for a few minutes, I even tried to think of ways to dethrone Margrethe and install Eller as king instead. I'm sure the boys will feel sad about losing this match, and they should, they were so close, but yet so far. I'm sure none of them expected to be sad about losing a quarter final before the tournament, so I guess it's a good thing.

Very depressing that they were so close and yet missed it, but they went out on a high note and they got internationally noticed for their sublime work ethics (whereas the Canadians as a team really failed against Finland with some players getting stupid penalties that was a big factor in their defeat).

I wonder if they would have much left in the tank both physically or mentally against USA in a semi, where it could be an ugly blowout. Instead of a deflating end with possibly two big defeats (the Danish team have worked to hard that they would be totally gassed the last two games), they leave the WJC strongly in the minds of people!

They surprised everyone and got the maximum out of basically every game - even when outplayed they never caved in and didn't received a real blowout (2nd period vs. Canada as the only exception).

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark

The seat as king of the country is vacant. Just sayin... it seems like a lot of trouble to kick out the queen, when the top job is there for the taking ;)

As days goes by the bigger the respect for these guys grows with me.

So... how does next year look? :)

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Those who can't return due to age are:

Goalies:
Thomas Lillie
Mathias Seldrup

D:
Ludvig Adamsen
Lasse Bo Knudsen
Anders Krogsgaard
Mattias Lassen

O:
Emil Oliver Christensen
Jeppe Holmberg
Markus Jensen
Kristian Jensen
Søren Nielsen
Thomas Olsen

To me the biggest losses and on goalies and D. Lillie and Seldrup were great this year. Krogsgaard and Lassen are big losses on the backend. Lassen is by far our best, and we don't have anyone who will be remotely as good as him next I think. Krogsgaard is a really smart player and steady player, with lots of experience from Metal ligaen. He's playing his 4th full time year this year for Esbjerg, and it was his 3rd time with the U20 team. On offence it looks a bit better to me. We lose some good players, but you always do. But players like From, Røndbjerg, True, Andersen and Krag will have another year of experience and development. And there are other talented players like Andersson and Blichfeld in Sweden who will likely make the team. I think on offence we could have a team that is just as good as this year, if not better. Defence and goalies are more of a questionmark.

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Who's next in line on D? Oliver Gatz? Mathias Røndbjerg? Oliver Joakim Larsen? Anders Koch?

I suspect Lasse M. Petersen is first in line for the job in net.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Who's next in line on D? Oliver Gatz? Mathias Røndbjerg? Oliver Joakim Larsen? Anders Koch?

I suspect Lasse M. Petersen is first in line for the job in net.

Yes, it is most likely Lasse M. Petersen who will be goalie in the important games. We have been spoiled with goaltending the last three years, and cannot expect it to last, but I believe Lasse will do fine with another year of CHL experience. Probably Kasper L. Krog, Vojens (1998) will be back-up.

Regarding defense, I suppose Oliver Gatz, Aalborg (1998) and Mathias Røndbjerg, Rungsted (1997) will be first in line for one of the 4 remaining spots, they were among the last cuts for this years roster. Anders Koch, Esbjerg (1997) could also have a chance but he will feel the pressure from some of the very good 1998 born defenders; Rasmus Birk Heine, Rødovre, Jakob Jessen, Herning, Victor Tobias Hansen, Rødovre and Oliver Joakim Larsen, Odense.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Yes, it is most likely Lasse M. Petersen who will be goalie in the important games. We have been spoiled with goaltending the last three years, and cannot expect it to last, but I believe Lasse will do fine with another year of CHL experience. Probably Kasper L. Krog, Vojens (1998) will be back-up.

Regarding defense, I suppose Oliver Gatz, Aalborg (1998) and Mathias Røndbjerg, Rungsted (1997) will be first in line for one of the 4 remaining spots, they were among the last cuts for this years roster. Anders Koch, Esbjerg (1997) could also have a chance but he will feel the pressure from some of the very good 1998 born defenders; Rasmus Birk Heine, Rødovre, Jakob Jessen, Herning, Victor Tobias Hansen, Rødovre and Oliver Joakim Larsen, Odense.

It will be interesting how well next years defense should hold up to this years in comparison.
Lasse M. Petersen actual play in WHL does show, that somebody sees him as a talent, so (perhaps?) not Lillie-class, but he can't be far behind. So we are truly blessed with goalie talents at the moment.

Danmark

May 5, 2014
I agree, Lasse M. Petersen looks like a sure 1. choice.

Røndbjerg, Gatz, Oliver Larsen, Rasmus Birk Heine, Anders Koch, Tobias Hansen and Jakob Jessen will all make a case to crack the team.

Also Daniel Baastrup Andersen(1999) is playing very well for Linköping J18 - 13 point in 20 games. If he get some SuperElit playing time in next season, i think he is a potential sleeper for the defensive core.

On the forward side - players like; Christian Wejse, Lucas Andersen, Andreas Grundtvig, Joachim Blichfeld, Frederik Høeg, Daniel Nielsen, Tobias Ladehoff, Oliver Christensen, Sebastian Brinkmann, Jonas Sander, Jacob Schmidt Svejstrup, Magnus Molge, Sebastian Ruders and even multiple more will try to make a case for themselves.

Rasmus T. Andersson is another potential candidate, but he has not played in any World Cups and I do not know much about him. My first thought is that he will not make the team, but he could be a dark horse, he is producing well in SuperElit.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
always wondered about Rasmus Andersson..

thought he was good enough to get chances on the jr. national teams? his production is good.
whats up with that!?

Danmark

May 5, 2014
always wondered about Rasmus Andersson..

thought he was good enough to get chances on the jr. national teams? his production is good.
whats up with that!?

Agree! He made 4 point against Rögle J20 today - 1 goal and 3 assist. Mathias From with 2 assist.

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
Agree! He made 4 point against Rögle J20 today - 1 goal and 3 assist. Mathias From with 2 assist.

Asked the same questions in another fora. Ingrid Lillie (Thomas' mother?) gave me an answer. This year he was asked, but opted out. His family name suggest half swedish...or? I don't know. Not a catastrophe like Nick Sørensen, but he probably could do well on the j20 NT next year. Anyway let's see, maybe he's on the roster next time...

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Asked the same questions in another fora. Ingrid Lillie (Thomas' mother?) gave me an answer. This year he was asked, but opted out. His family name suggest half swedish...or? I don't know. Not a catastrophe like Nick Sørensen, but he probably could do well on the j20 NT next year. Anyway let's see, maybe he's on the roster next time...

He is half swedish as the name suggest. So if he plays for Denmark he can not compete for Sweden. Nick Sørensen has been down thar road also, but think he already played J18 for Sweden. Wonder if he regrets that now when the career is stagnating a bit. I dont see him in any future Swedish NT as it is now

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So, in short he is waiting to be asked by Sweden?

Weird since he already played for Denmark.

Last edited:

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
So, in short he is waiting to be asked by Sweden?

Weird since he already played for Denmark.

The games he has played for Denmark up to now, does not lock him from representing Sweden in the future. Only U18, U20 or senior World Champs will lock him in.

The vast majority of players opting to play for the bigger hockey nation will end up regretting their decision. I suspect Andersson would be no different. Sörensen still has a shot to become a full time Swedish international IMHO. He's doing well in the SHL for someone his age.

Danmark

May 5, 2014
To be honest, i do not think Andersson have any chance of making the Swedish J20 WJC team.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
The games he has played for Denmark up to now, does not lock him from representing Sweden in the future. Only U18, U20 or senior World Champs will lock him in.

The vast majority of players opting to play for the bigger hockey nation will end up regretting their decision. I suspect Andersson would be no different. Sörensen still has a shot to become a full time Swedish international IMHO. He's doing well in the SHL for someone his age.

the weird part, was him playing for Denmark and then suddenly opting out.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
The Danish U20 (preliminary) roster

The Danish U20 team roster for the coming 4 nation tournament that takes place 3-5 November 2016 in Graz, Austria has been announced.

Goaltenders:
Kasper Krog, SønderjyskE (26-06-1998, 175/80)
Andreas Lauridsen, Odense Bulldogs (09-10-1997, 178/66)
Mads-Emil Gransøe, Springfields Jr. Picks (USA) (27-09-1998, 182/78)

Defencemen:
Christian Mieritz, Leksands IF (SWE) (30-09-1997, 184/90)
Mathias Røndbjerg, Rungsted Seier Capital (21-01-1997, 185/79)
Oliver Gatz Nielsen, Herning Blue Fox (06-10-1998, 186/92)
Anders Koch, Esbjerg Energy (02-10-1997, 188/83)
Oliver Larsen, Odense Bulldogs (25-12-1998, 190/94)
Mikkel Svensson, Gentofte Stars (16-01-1997, 186/85)
Rasmus Mohr, SønderjyskE (07-04-1998, 180/79)
Jakob Jessen, Herning Blue Fox (04-08-1998, 180/83)

Forwards:
Rasmus T. Andersson, HV71 (SWE) (01-06-1997, 180/80)
Nikolaj Krag-Christensen, Rögle BK (SWE) (12-08-1998, 191/91)
Jonas Røndbjerg, Växjo Lakers (SWE) (31-03-1999, 184/80)
Magnus Molge, Malmo Redhawks (SWE) (16-04-1998, 180/80)
Frederik Høeg-Jørgensen, Odense Bulldogs (24-07-1997, 178/80)
Jeppe Jul Korsgaard, Aalborg Pirates (06-10-1997, 180/85)
William Boysen, Rungsted Seier Capital (25-05-1997, 185/83)
David Madsen, Växjo Lakers (SWE) (25-01-1999, 184/88)
Niklas Andersen, Esbjerg Energy (20-11-1997, 180/76)
Tobias Ladehoff, Aalborg Pirates (30-09-1997, 178/74)
Sebastian B. Andersen, Aalborg Pirates (03-06-1997, 181/79)
Oliver Anker Christensen, Aalborg Pirates (16-01-1997, 176/78)
Sebastian Ruders, Herning Blue Fox (16-03-1997, 179/75)

The Danish team will play against Belarus, Latvia and Austria according to this schedule:

03-11-2016
Belarus - Latvia
Austria - Denmark

04-11-2016
Denmark - Latvia
Austria - Belarus

05-11-2016
Belarus - Denmark
Austria - Latvia

As usual a group of key players are left out of the roster for the November tournament, to be able to evaluate some of the players who are at the edge of the normal roster.
To me the most noteworthy absentees are;
F Mathias From, Rögle BK (SWE)
F Alexander True, Seattle Thunderbirds (USA)
F Joachim Blichfeld, Portland Winterhawks (USA)
F Daniel Nielsen, Herning Blue Fox
D Nicolai Weichel, Rungsted Seier Capital
D Morten Jensen, Rögle BK (SWE)
GK Lasse Petersen, Red Deer Rebels (CAN)

Except for maybe F Christian Wejse, Blainville-Boisbriand Armada (CAN) who is injured at the moment, I doubt we will see other players than the ones mentioned here on the final roster.

It is interesting to see that Rasmus T. Andersson has decided to wear the Danish lion jersey again, after having opted out for some years. He has been producing great in the Swedish J20 league (SuperElit) and has even participated in some games in the SHL this season.

A short evaluation of the roster as it looks right now:
The goaltending position is OK, but quality vice pretty far away from what we have been used to the last 3 years.
The defence looks really good already, with 2 solid top pairings and some interesting substitutes.
There are some good forwards on the roster, and the 2 top lines looks strong. The rest of the forwards will do fine in a tournament like this, and it will be interesting to see how the lines will look like.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad