Tyson Barrie anyone?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Hypothetically if we traded Pulock in a deal for Hanifan that would work. Hard to imagine Pulock waiving to go to Calgary though.
Dobson’s been OK at left D but Barrie would be underutilized here because Dobson is the PPQB1, which is Barrie’s bread and butter.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I see more of a Scandella, E Johnson, Staal, Goligoski type of move. More veteran, steady presence for low end pick.

Far out there, but an Ekholm for JGP move would be a nice one.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I see more of a Scandella, E Johnson, Staal, Goligoski type of move. More veteran, steady presence for low end pick.

Far out there, but an Ekholm for JGP move would be a nice one.

JGP would be enough to trade for the Ek part of his name . Would cost a lot more to get the rest of him

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Going from Pulock to Barrie is a major downgrade
I agree, but if you want Hanifin and plan to re-sign him, then salary has to go back the other way. We have very few contracts that have positive value and Pulock has one of them.

I’ll post a question and rephrase it in a similar manner to what I posted recently. Name me one player that has waived their no trade contract to go to Calgary?

Last edited:

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Going from Pulock to Barrie is a major downgrade
MAJOR downgrade.

Got a chance to watch a lot of Barrie with the Leafs, he's awful at every part of the game except running the PP where I'd take Dobson (way ahead) and Pulock (though he can underwhelm on the PP) over Barrie.

Without the puck, he's a disaster. Poor positioning and no strength for net-front battles or breaking up a cycle. He's also not quick, though he's small. He's a good passer for break-out but way too deficient in other areas.

Frankly, Aho's a better player at this stage, and with a higher upside

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Pageau for Barrie? Opens up cap room starting next season. With today’s announcement on the cap those dollars could be put to better use.

Reactions: Lights911

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad