Recalled/Assigned: Tyler Wotherspoon

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I have a hunch that I can't confirm that a call up for injury replacement might not count toward the limit.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I have a hunch that I can't confirm that a call up for injury replacement might not count toward the limit.

Only problem about this is doesn't it make Bennett have to permanently be on the Flames or Adirondack? I think we ran out of call ups with this one.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Only problem about this is doesn't it make Bennett have to permanently be on the Flames or Adirondack? I think we ran out of call ups with this one.

That's what I am saying though. If Wotherspoon is up to replace an injured player (Diaz) maybe that doesn't count toward the limit.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
That's what I am saying though. If Wotherspoon is up to replace an injured player (Diaz) maybe that doesn't count toward the limit.

Oh, right. Emergency call up is what you were implying.

I think this was a non-emergency one though.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It was non-emergency. If Bennett is sent down, he can only be called back up for emergency or at the end of Adirondack's season.

Aug 3, 2010
Wonder how a Russell-Brodie, Wideman-Wotherspoon, Engelland-Schlemko setup plays on the ice.

I don't really want to slot a prospect into the top-4, but the Flames need mobility and their system suffers when it's not mobile enough because it's built around that concept.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Well the Flames lost their last game, so that's often the time that we see lineup changes. Would love to see Wotherspoon up close.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Wonder how a Russell-Brodie, Wideman-Wotherspoon, Engelland-Schlemko setup plays on the ice.

I don't really want to slot a prospect into the top-4, but the Flames need mobility and their system suffers when it's not mobile enough because it's built around that concept.

Not too keen on giving Tyler top 4 minutes right off the bat.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
This. I worry about the same thing for Bennett. If Wortherspoon is just going to set then call up Potter or some AHL scrub.
Potter is already up, has been for a long time.

The reason you don't just call up "some AHL scrub" is because of the possibility of injury or illness to another player. If the Flames call up some garbage player and something happens to one of the 6 that will be playing then said garbage player is suddenly playing and the Flames are ****ed. That seems like a brilliant idea.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Potter is already up, has been for a long time.

The reason you don't just call up "some AHL scrub" is because of the possibility of injury or illness to another player. If the Flames call up some garbage player and something happens to one of the 6 that will be playing then said garbage player is suddenly playing and the Flames are ****ed. That seems like a brilliant idea.

But I want to see the shiny new toy now! :sarcasm:

Aug 3, 2010
Kind of surprised we didn't see Morrison up instead. Not pushing down Wotherspoon, but certainly he should be more developed and ready to play as he is the older prospect.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Kind of surprised we didn't see Morrison up instead. Not pushing down Wotherspoon, but certainly he should be more developed and ready to play as he is the older prospect.
Morrison cannot be recalled. This year he is on an AHL only contract and his ELC starts July 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->