Player Discussion Tyler Vesel (signed to 1-year contract)

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Seems like he had a good handful of games down in the AHL after a good college career. Hopefully he can build on it and be a legit AHL offensive threat next season.

Toreko

Apr 3, 2018
Welcome back Tyler
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/whute.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/smule.png

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What position does he play?

Either way seems like a real low risk deal for a guy that put up decent numbers in a brief AHL stint.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo

Either way seems like a real low risk deal for a guy that put up decent numbers in a brief AHL stint.

Center, I'm pretty sure.

Stats:
Tyler Vesel - Elite Prospects

Nothing mind blowing, but very consistently good. Has a chance of being a bottom 6 NHLer, but likely is a top-6 center in the AHL. But depends on what skills he has. If he's really fast and can kill penalties with aplomb he may find himself a job on the team sooner than later. Will be interesting to see him at camp.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
okay
I admit
Had to google his name--no idea who he is

former draft pick who played in UNI and then on the farm

Chia pet is hooking his wagon to finding a UNI player to save us(in general Chia pet loves uni players based upon trades and signings)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
okay
I admit
Had to google his name--no idea who he is

former draft pick who played in UNI and then on the farm

Chia pet is hooking his wagon to finding a UNI player to save us(in general Chia pet loves uni players based upon trades and signings)
He essentially is signing a draft pick that was made before his time. One that did well in Bakersfield once his season was done. Really just seems like a no brainer move that was going to happen

Reactions: nabob

fireantz

Mar 15, 2007
Oilers starting to fill in the blanks at Bakersfield. Anymore anticipated draft pick signings or UFA/RFA signings for the Condors before the draft? Lots of space on the 50 man!

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Oilers starting to fill in the blanks at Bakersfield. Anymore anticipated draft pick signings or UFA/RFA signings for the Condors before the draft? Lots of space on the 50 man!
The funny thing is ever summer out of no where there are those August signings. I'd be curious who could potentially be on that list as it seems to be a shocker every year

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB

He was exclusively used as a centre this year for the Mavericks, then played centre and wing for the Condors. Had very nice chemistry playing RW on an all collegiate line with Cooper Marody and Dave Gust.

He is a Swiss Army knife type. He can play any style, any position.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Another one of MacT's remnants. C'mon Tyler, don't make the guy look stupid(er).

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Good signing. Shows some promise. Our AHL team will be a whole lot different next year with a lot of prospects playing. KY is hopefully given the year in the minors.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007
I am excited to see the Condors roster this coming season. It is refreshing to think that it is going to be full of our guys and not just UFA signings of AHL lifers.. may finally see the shift to proper development from trying to win (which they didn't do that well either)

This is all in theory of course... I hope I am right though

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->