Value of: Tyler Johnson

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
So Tampa wants a good LD prospect and some size up front?

Jake Walman and Tage Thompson interest you guys?

Blues would have to be interested in TJ.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
So Tampa wants a good LD prospect and some size up front?

Jake Walman and Tage Thompson interest you guys?

Blues would have to be interested in TJ.

Not to appealing. Didn't think Walman took any steps in his development this year and don't see the high upside in him. Would prefer Dunn which is a no go I assume. Thompson is a big kid but he doesn't play really a big game. Don't see him as that big an upgrade over the wing prospect we already have.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Not to appealing. Didn't think Walman took any steps in his development this year and don't see the high upside in him. Would prefer Dunn which is a no go I assume. Thompson is a big kid but he doesn't play really a big game. Don't see him as that big an upgrade over the wing prospect we already have.
Yea Dunn is a no go. I do understand on Walman, he crashed and burned as soon as the preseason started. I'd bump Thompson up to Kostin if that could tip the scales

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah I was about to mention Kostin. He plays a physical game that matches his size.

But if you’re still not satisfied, we’ll look elsewhere. Don’t think Johnson is worth much more. Dunn wouldn’t be on the table.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think Walman still has a high end ceiling but the likely good of reaching it is fading, just being honest. It was said he's better at offense and skating then Dunn...so there's that lol

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Fox, Ferland and a 4th round pick

Like I said I like Fox but not sure about the rest. Are we getting the Ferland of last season or the one the seasons before that? If he's going to be a 20 goal 40 point physical player then I'd do it but worried last year was the best he'll be. If he does stay that 20g - 40p guy then he might price himself out for us. Would prefer Bennett who would still be a RFA when he deal ends.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think Walman still has a high end ceiling but the likely good of reaching it is fading, just being honest. It was said he's better at offense and skating then Dunn...so there's that lol
He's still 22 and has only played 66 AHL games. Really not even a full season. He sure had his struggles but we'll know a lot more about him after this next season. He came on a bit at the end with Binghamton.

He needs big minutes all year in the AHL, which he'll get with San Antonio. And if he plays better he may get a cup of coffee with the Blues. So it's a big year for him and he should be in a better situation.

But if he's pedestrian again, then that ceiling will start lowering.

Reactions: stl76 and Dbrownss

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I would like to see Johnson on the Habs and see him on a line of Drouin and Gallagher. Only question, I forget but I seen him playing on the wing near the end of the season. I seen him in and out of center during the playoffs too.

Was he moved to the wing?

I would offer something around Mete + whatever the size up front could be for Johnson if I know it’d help the Habs center woes.

????
Johnson
Danault
De La Rose

Maybe a blockbuster?

Mete
Pacioretty
McCarron(RFA)
2nd round pick(TOR)
2nd round pick(WSH)

For

Johnson
McDonagh

Last edited:

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I would like to see Johnson on the Habs and see him on a line of Drouin and Gallagher. Only question, I forget but I seen him playing on the wing near the end of the season. I seen him in and out of center during the playoffs too.

Was he moved to the wing?

I would offer something around Mete + whatever the size up front could be for Johnson if I know it’d help the Habs center woes.

????
Johnson
Danault
De La Rose

Maybe a blockbuster?

Mete
Pacioretty
McCarron(RFA)
2nd round pick(TOR)
2nd round pick(WSH)

For

Johnson
McDonagh

Is giving up Mete for an undersized forward (albeit very talented) in Montreal's best interests at the moment?

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Is giving up Mete for an undersized non-center forward (albeit very talented) in Montreal's best interests at the moment?
I was saying if he was still playing wing or center. I said to get him at center if he is still there or not. Because he was effective at center for a few years when I watched the bolts.

If he can play center I’d make a trade for sure.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I was saying if he was still playing wing or center. I said to get him at center if he is still there or not. Because he was effective at center for a few years when I watched the bolts.

If he can play center I’d make a trade for sure.

I guess if you view him as a center, which he has played in the past, it could make some sense. But it seems to me that the Habs have several undersized, speedy forwards, while they lack young defensemen and/or defensive prospects like Mete.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Also I don’t expect Johnson to go anywhere. If Tampa moves a forward for cap reasons I expect it to be Killorn.

Killorn has a NTC though. As does Callahan. I don't doubt the Lightning would love to keep everything in tact, and could for next year, but then TJ/Palat have their full NMC's kick in and you have to extend Point and Kucherov at the end of next year.

I think they'd have to move at least one of Palat/TJ to have the flexibility next year. If you're looking at the roster, I think Palat's game is tougher to replace internally, and I think Johnson holds more trade value. To me, that's why he'd be available.

At least Callahan's deal expires when Vasilevsky needs his new deal.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Callahan has a limited NTC July 1st and can be dealt.

TJ is the one that we have to decide if we want to marry or not.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Do TBL fans view Killorn as a player with positive trade value? Would you consider him a dump? Or do you expect he has some degree of negative value?

From the outside, he seems like a pretty okay player, with a lot of positive qualities to bring to a team. I’ve also read quite a bit of negative sentiments from Bolts fans about him. His contract isn’t exactly appealing, with the dollars, length and clauses all feeling quite rich.

Would Tampa fans still have an issue with him if his contract were a little cheaper or shorter or more flexible?

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Do TBL fans view Killorn as a player with positive trade value? Would you consider him a dump? Or do you expect he has some degree of negative value?

From the outside, he seems like a pretty okay player, with a lot of positive qualities to bring to a team. I’ve also read quite a bit of negative sentiments from Bolts fans about him. His contract isn’t exactly appealing, with the dollars, length and clauses all feeling quite rich.

Would Tampa fans still have an issue with him if his contract were a little cheaper or shorter or more flexible?
I don't see a problem with the dollars, maybe not even the length, but I agree the clause was a bit much. I think he would have mildly positive value if traded alone, but I don't necessarily think we jettison him unless we're actually doing something significant with that cap space.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Callahan has a limited NTC July 1st and can be dealt.

Well, for one, we don't know the conditions of the limited NTC (or at least they aren't listed on CapFriendly). Secondly, once you find a team that fits his limited NTC, they have to actually want a 20 point 4th liner with a nearly 6 mil cap hit the next 2 years. I can't imagine the amount of picks and prospects it would cost to sweeten the pot enough to convince a team to take him. Thirdly, that's assuming RC and his agent don't structure the list that the only teams on it are contenders/teams tight against the cap. Why would he want to leave a contending team in a warm weather city with beneficial tax breaks? He wouldn't. His limited NTC may as well be full.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Cheaper forwards. Bennett might be of interest but he's a huge risk but he plays with a bit of an edge which we need so even if he doesn't hit his potential could be a useful middle 6 winger. Would need him to sign for cheap after next year though.
Bennett on Stamkos and Kucherov's LW would be a great option imo.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Well, for one, we don't know the conditions of the limited NTC (or at least they aren't listed on CapFriendly). Secondly, once you find a team that fits his limited NTC, they have to actually want a 20 point 4th liner with a nearly 6 mil cap hit the next 2 years. I can't imagine the amount of picks and prospects it would cost to sweeten the pot enough to convince a team to take him. Thirdly, that's assuming RC and his agent don't structure the list that the only teams on it are contenders/teams tight against the cap. Why would he want to leave a contending team in a warm weather city with beneficial tax breaks? He wouldn't. His limited NTC may as well be full.

My post was only meant to inform, no disagreement on what you said. I believe his clause is to submit a 10 team list he wouldn't accept a trade to, same as the rest of the limited NTC's Yzerman has signed players to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->