Value of: Tyler Johnson

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Have to imagine St. Louis will be in on Johnson, assuming he actually is available. What are Tampa’s needs?

Assets available would be most prospects (Thomas/Kyrou probably off the table), 2018 1st, 2019 picks, etc.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Yamamoto + 40th pick in 2018? I'd like to see TJ on Drai's RW. I like the idea of having two guys who can take draws on the same line, allows a guy to cheat a bit more without the fear of getting waived.

Always liked his game, pretty much what we'd hope Yamamoto turns into, why not speed up the process? Not a bad contract, basically what you expect to pay a top 6 guy good for 50+ points.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Also I don’t expect Johnson to go anywhere. If Tampa moves a forward for cap reasons I expect it to be Killorn.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Why don't they just unload Ryan Callahan's contract to Arizona?
Are you joking, or...? Maybe you are unfamiliar with how caphits work?

Why would the league’s poorest team want to pay 9.4 million dollars in actual cash to a guy who has 21pts in his last 82gp?

You do get that Arizona doesn’t actually have to pay Dave Bolland more than the fraction of his salary not covered by insurance, right? And that Datsyuk and Pronger didn’t actually cost Arizona any real money?

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Are you joking, or...? Maybe you are unfamiliar with how caphits work?

Why would the league’s poorest team want to pay 9.4 million dollars in actual cash to a guy who has 21pts in his last 82gp?

You do get that Arizona doesn’t actually have to pay Dave Bolland more than the fraction of his salary not covered by insurance, right? And that Datsyuk and Pronger didn’t actually cost Arizona any real money?
My dumbass forgot about that :laugh:.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Pierre-Olivier Joseph (23rd overall in ‘17) and the 74th overall pick in 2018 (Calgary’s 3rd, previously acquired).

Interesting, with us moving Hajek for McDonagh we could use a top LD prospect. Any chance we can get Crouse instead of the 3rd? We could use some size on the wings.

Would you consider a Domi + Joseph for Johnson + Dotchin? After the Washington series we could use the grit of a Domi. Dotchin could be a cheap Schenn replacement 3rd pair guy.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yamamoto + 40th pick in 2018? I'd like to see TJ on Drai's RW. I like the idea of having two guys who can take draws on the same line, allows a guy to cheat a bit more without the fear of getting waived.

Always liked his game, pretty much what we'd hope Yamamoto turns into, why not speed up the process? Not a bad contract, basically what you expect to pay a top 6 guy good for 50+ points.

Yamamoto is a nice piece but we need something other than more skilled wingers which we have a lot of. Instead of the 40th switch it to Bear and I like it more.

rt

May 13, 2004
Interesting, with us moving Hajek for McDonagh we could use a top LD prospect. Any chance we can get Crouse instead of the 3rd? We could use some size on the wings.

Would you consider a Domi + Joseph for Johnson + Dotchin? After the Washington series we could use the grit of a Domi. Dotchin could be a cheap Schenn replacement 3rd pair guy.
No interest at all in moving Domi or Crouse.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
No interest at all in moving Domi or Crouse.

I thought there was a report that they would find Domi a new home? Joseph is a nice piece but Johnson could fetch something better so adding just a 3rd isn't enticing enough to make it work.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
That’s where it becomes tricky... since we’re short on picks, what else do the lightning need?

Cheaper forwards. Bennett might be of interest but he's a huge risk but he plays with a bit of an edge which we need so even if he doesn't hit his potential could be a useful middle 6 winger. Would need him to sign for cheap after next year though.

rt

May 13, 2004
I thought there was a report that they would find Domi a new home? Joseph is a nice piece but Johnson could fetch something better so adding just a 3rd isn't enticing enough to make it work.
Domi is a great fit in Arizona and had fantastic chemistry with Strome. At the end of the season. He’s great and we love him.

POJ was 23rd overall last year and has increased his stock since then. If you get can get value greater than a late 1st and early 3rd and no cap hit of any kind going back to Tampa, then you should definitely take that and run.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Domi is a great fit in Arizona and had fantastic chemistry with Strome. At the end of the season. He’s great and we love him.

POJ was 23rd overall last year and has increased his stock since then. If you get can get value greater than a late 1st and early 3rd and no cap hit of any kind going back to Tampa, then you should definitely take that and run.

Joseph is good and would be a nice piece but not someone who I would pull the trigger on right away. I wouldn't have a problem flipping Johnson for a Faulk or someone like that, so taking no cap back isn't a huge issue. So Joseph + 3rd would be on the back burner as I'd look for a better deal first. We still have a good prospect pool so we don't need a futures only package for Johnson. I'd do JT Miller for Joseph + 3rd though.

rt

May 13, 2004
Joseph is good and would be a nice piece but not someone who I would pull the trigger on right away. I wouldn't have a problem flipping Johnson for a Faulk or someone like that, so taking no cap back isn't a huge issue. So Joseph + 3rd would be on the back burner as I'd look for a better deal first. We still have a good prospect pool so we don't need a futures only package for Johnson. I'd do JT Miller for Joseph + 3rd though.
Back burner would be fine with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad