Tyler Hirsch

PuckheadMcGillycuddy

Aug 12, 2002
Yeah, he's back and has played very well this year -- 15 assists in 12 games to rank in the top 10 in nation in helpers.

southpaw

Dec 31, 2003
and was benched for this weekend's game because his coach said he wasn't one of the best 12 forwards during practice.

Realm

Jun 5, 2005
and was benched for this weekend's game because his coach said he wasn't one of the best 12 forwards during practice.

Yes, thats hard to believe but Don decided to send some messages this week I think. He had been alternating goalies each game, but this week he went Briggs back to back even though Briggs gave up 5 on Friday night. Lucia said Briggs was the better goalie in practice this week. I guess practice does matter Mr. Allen Iverson!

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
IMO, Hirsch has some issues still-

he's already been scratched for academics, missing team meetings, etc...in interviews he is very smug and arrogant.

He has just amazing hands and vision, but there is some off-ice issues out there still.

5mn Major

Jan 14, 2006
Tyler appears to be a very complex person. He was benched as the top player on the Gophers two years ago. Took off a year due to personal issues last year (when he might have made the difference in a national championship). This year was benched early for being late for a practice. In the game against MI, he had some soft plays at the blue line resulting in 1 of the 2 goals MI got. And this week was benched due to 'not being one of the best 12 players on the ice'. I find that hard to believe...but he was probably not one of the 12 most entergetic players on the ice.

Having said that, Tyler Hirsch has the highest pts per game of any player in the WCHA (historically the best conference) and is arguably the best playmaker in the country. If the Gophers (with as much talent is any amateur team in the world) don't win gold, there's a good chance Tyler will make a difference in just how far the team goes. He's that good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->