Proposal: Tyler Ennis contract dump

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think you're probably right on Fletcher, but I do believe that that would mean that a significant trade is coming this summer. Fans interest started to dip this year, if they don't do something to get people excited, it's only going to get worse.

Assuming that the significant trade ends up being something to get excited about.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
Best case scenario I think is retaining 50% max salary and basically gifting Ennis to some team needing forwards. Rangers maybe? I definitely don't want us to give up value just to be rid of Ennis. If it comes to that I'd rather just buy him out. Especially with Fletcher's sketchy trade history.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Best case scenario I think is retaining 50% max salary and basically gifting Ennis to some team needing forwards. Rangers maybe? I definitely don't want us to give up value just to be rid of Ennis. If it comes to that I'd rather just buy him out. Especially with Fletcher's sketchy trade history.
I liked the idea of sending him back to Buffalo in an O'Reilly trade:

Brodin, Coyle, Ennis

for

O'Reilly, McCabe

McCabe kind of worries me, but we might be able to scrub the poop off. And even if it's not that move, using him as a cap dump in a larger trade isn't crazy. He's only got a year on his contract, so he could be a roster plug for someone.

GirouxGiroux

Visioneer
Mar 8, 2010
The Flyers have more cap space than they know what to do with, but they're not anxious to lock any of it up long term because they have a chorus of young players about to get paid big bucks over the next few seasons. That makes a guy like Staal very attractive and it means the Flyers can absorb some dead weight like Ennis without a second thought.

What type of return would you expect for Staal and Ennis?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The Flyers have more cap space than they know what to do with, but they're not anxious to lock any of it up long term because they have a chorus of young players about to get paid big bucks over the next few seasons. That makes a guy like Staal very attractive and it means the Flyers can absorb some dead weight like Ennis without a second thought.

Not gonna diminish Staal’s trade value with Ennis included in a deal.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.

If Staal goes, we're calling it quits for a few years and can hang onto Tyler "Faberge ball and chain" Ennis until his contract ends.
If Tyler "Fly sealed in a coke bag" Ennis goes, we want space to compete and there are few contracts better than Staal's.

c29.jpg

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I can hardly wait to see all the 11-20-9 koolaid drinkers kill me but I read this and I laughed. It’s nearly all true. Stop hoping For a miracle.

The Wild are a team stuck in mediocrity. Their stars are aging before our eyes. They have no size on defense and too many of their forwards are cowards.
Koivu needs to go. At least take the C off of him. Make him wear a “W” for wuss. Ridiculous. He’s a faceoff drawing defenseman. Meanwhile, Haula is scoring 30 goals and Tuch is flying all over the ice in Vegas.
We have zero leadership from proven winners, unless you count Cullen, who blows and is the oldest player in the league. He uses an automatic stair chair like the guy in UP.
Most of these guys wouldn’t crack Winnipeg’s or Toronto’s lineup. When was the last time someone ever said that? It’s embarrassing.
Parise works but he’s made of porcelain. Not worth the money, plus with all of his injuries he is depleting the team store of all of its Pamprin.
Suter is fine but hardly dominating defensively. Overpaid. Killing us. Needs to restructure his contract. Same with Brodin. Good but not a force.
Dumba is aptly named because sometimes he can be a dumb ass. He makes horrible mistakes. We haven’t seen any of his talents in the playoffs. He’s also undersized.
Prosser ? Didn’t we already try to dump him once? He would be mediocre in any men’s league.
Seeler? Nope
Soucy? Piece.
Spurgeon is talented, but he is too wee. He got crushed in Winnipeg. Dustin Byfelieyeyn (or whatever his name is) literally ate him once and pooped him out behind the net in the span of a second. It was disgusting.
Staal, to quote a friend, is “crickets in the playoffs and can’t wait to get back to the family sod farm in Thunder Bay.” He plays like I do. Suckholes and makes mild attempts to poke check. Swishing his stick back and forth like a windshield wiper set to intermittent.
Granlund? Good. He’s all alone. Also wee.
Winnick? Wouldn’t crack any other lineup.
Niedereiter? Notafighter. No heart.
Zucker? See Staal. Most teams have three guys as fast as he is. And they’re bigger.
Dubnyk? He’s our toughest defender. He also can blow. He’s no Rinne.
Foligno? FoligNO.
Ennis? BUH-lows.
Greenway? Move him to D now.
Fletcher could not have honestly looked at this lineup and thought there’s a chance to win the Cup. Our D has been destroyed by big forwards in the playoffs for four years, and his off-season moves were Foligno and Ennis, while we lost Haula and Tuch.
It’s time to clean house.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
No interest in giving up our 1st. Just take Ennis and a 3rd for a bucket of stale chicken wings and I'll drive Ennis to the airport myself.
From a Canucks POV I would take him on for the Buffalo 3rd. This would open up cap space for you and we could flip Ennis ar 50% at the TDL for another pick.
I'd value taking on Ennis as a mid level 2nd. Minnesota doesnt have that so I did the next best thing, move down 13ish spots for dumping Ennis. Moving down 13 spots at that point in the 1st usually is the cost of another mid to late 2nd. A late 3rd is not enough value for taking Ennis on
I'd be open to this trading of picks as well, though I think the Wild should be more inclined to the Buffalo 3rd as it's more closer to a 2nd really.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
From a Canucks POV I would take him on for the Buffalo 3rd. This would open up cap space for you and we could flip Ennis ar 50% at the TDL for another pick.

I'd be open to this trading of picks as well, though I think the Wild should be more inclined to the Buffalo 3rd as it's more closer to a 2nd really.
I think a lot of the people who post on these boards would be more than happy to move back in the draft or give up a pick to get rid of Ennis. It will be interesting to see what Fenton does with him. I could see him come back and ride out the last year as a 12th-14th type forward but I'm willing to believe that Ennis and Staal are the two most likely roster players to go this offseason if Fenton wants to start making moves.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Vegas's 3rd is about the highest I would consider. But really a buyout, send him to Iowa (frees up ~$1m), use him as a placeholder for Kunin/Greenway, or retain half and package him with Olofsson and a 5th; all seem like better options.

The Wild shouldn't bee too cap tight to keep their own guys, they just can't go shopping on the UFA market. Their cap is a little misleading on capfriendly. They have like $4.6m tied up in 6 players (Kunin, Greenway, Soucy, Kloos, O'Reilly, and Belpedio) that should be in Iowa next season still listed with a 22 man roster. They should really be listed at about $63m with 16 players. $15m-$17m should be enough to re-sign Dumba/Zucker (~$11m combined), Seeler ($1m), and a couple of 4th liners (say $1m each).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad