Value of: Tyler Bozak & James VanRiemsdyk

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
You'd be better off selling them separately. If you're hinting at some team giving you a single high end asset for both, that won't happen.

Late first for JVR.
2nd for Bozak.

That's the value.

Reactions: 5150

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Can't imagine a contender that would take on two contracts of that size at the deadline.

Don't see why the Leafs would throw in the towel and trade them away. Might as well just crush a Cup this year instead.

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
If we’re going to compete in the playoffs this year, rather just hold on to them and let them go when their contract expires unless one of them can return a rental top 4 RD

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Totally agree with you, Late 1st for JVR and a 2nd round pick for Bozak.

Bozak is a reliable 50 point C who is top 5 in the league at faceoffs.

His value is probably a 1st, especially at the TDL.

Anyway, don't think the Leafs want to move either player, but especially both in a package deal. Takes away our greatest weapon - great offensive depth

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
You'd be better off selling them separately. If you're hinting at some team giving you a single high end asset for both, that won't happen.

Late first for JVR.
2nd for Bozak.

That's the value.

About right, especially the bolded part.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Bozak is a reliable 50 point C who is top 5 in the league at faceoffs.

His value is probably a 1st, especially at the TDL.

Anyway, don't think the Leafs want to move either player, but especially both in a package deal. Takes away our greatest weapon - great offensive depth
Agree the Leafs will be one of the contending teams this year, No way Lou is dealing either JVR or Bozak as he will need both of them. Probably both walk away next summer as UFAs

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Can't imagine a contender that would take on two contracts of that size at the deadline.

Don't see why the Leafs would throw in the towel and trade them away. Might as well just crush a Cup this year instead.

Leafs can retain on two salaries, and I dont think they would have an issue doing so for the right package. Total cap hit would be 4.225 for both playes.

I could see a team like the Rangers who are having a hard time scoring looking to do an add.

They don't have too long left in Lundqvist's window as he is 35, and JVR would likely re-sign with the Rangers. The Rangers are pretty weak at C right now so Bozie could easily be the 3C, maybe even 2C depending if you want to keep him on JVRs line.

Buchnevich (W), Chytil (C), Anderson (C), and having their top picks for the next few years means they have pieces that might make sense in a trade. (Not saying all of those pieces, just people id be interested in)

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Late first for JVR.
2nd for Bozak.

That's the value.

I think both would get a bit more then what you posted:

JVR - Late 1st & ok prospect

Bozak - 2nd & 4th/ok prospect

I agree no one is giving up a single high end piece for those two individuals or them as a package.

But Leafs should keep both for a playoff push.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Leafs can retain on two salaries, and I dont think they would have an issue doing so for the right package. Total cap hit would be 4.225 for both playes.

I could see a team like the Rangers who are having a hard time scoring looking to do an add.

They don't have too long left in Lundqvist's window as he is 35, and JVR would likely re-sign with the Rangers. The Rangers are pretty weak at C right now so Bozie could easily be the 3C, maybe even 2C depending if you want to keep him on JVRs line.

Buchnevich (W), Chytil (C), Anderson (C), and having their top picks for the next few years means they have pieces that might make sense in a trade. (Not saying all of those pieces, just people id be interested in)

Leafs would rather just win a Cup this year. But appreciate the offer.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
They'll both be Leafs for the year, IMO.
The Leafs look dangerous and they're a big part of what makes the forward group effective.
I can see JVR leaving for a paycheck but I have a feeling that Bozak will take a team-friendly deal to be the 3c going forward.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I hope we can trade them for assets that we can then flip at the deadline for a rental 3C and a rental 2LW.

:huh::help:

Moving these 2 makes no sense if we hope to make...and then compete in the playoffs.

Haven't you been on the trade them for futures bandwagon? What changed?

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
It's almost like I've seen this same exact thread before.. Shouldn't trade them your scoring depth is the strength of your team..

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Haven't you been on the trade them for futures bandwagon? What changed?
Last offseason for a D upgrade...yes. Now? No sense. I posted in another thread that sometimes we as Leafs fans are still stuck in the "move UFA's for assets at all cost" mindset, simply due to how long we've been outside of the playoffs. I have been guilty of it....but in regards to these 2 players, we need to treat them as rentals for ourselves. The only way they should be traded, is for a roster upgrade (prefer defense) or if we are well out of it at the deadline.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Except the proven market price for equivalent players is more than that. In both cases.

Back to the OP ......

Except that the OP and real subject is what they will fetch as a "package". Doubt if they will ever be offered up as a package, but whatever I guess ...... each to his own.

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Back to the OP ......

Except that the OP and real subject is what they will fetch as a "package". Doubt if they will ever be offered up as a package, but whatever I guess ...... each to his own.

Agreed. I don't believe it makes sense to trade them in a package and the Leafs would most certainly not fetch as much in return that way. But on their own, their returns are also most certainly more than the poster I was quoting suggested. A late 1st for a player of JVR's caliber is not a realistic return. There's countless past examples that should make that obvious to everyone.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Agreed. I don't believe it makes sense to trade them in a package and the Leafs would most certainly not fetch as much in return that way. But on their own, their returns are also most certainly more than the poster I was quoting suggested. A late 1st for a player of JVR's caliber is not a realistic return. There's countless past examples that should make that obvious to everyone.

JVR is a rental. He might get another smaller asset (B prospect), but no more than late 1st plus B prospect. Please provide these other countless examples of rentals bringing back much more than that.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Agreed. I don't believe it makes sense to trade them in a package and the Leafs would most certainly not fetch as much in return that way.

Sticking to the OP makes sense in that you have a better idea on what the discussion is versus the numerous tributaries that emerge later on in the thread. That starts to make the discussions a whole lot more challenging and confusing.

So, I don't think the premise of the OP is likely to occur at all. Doesn't seem like a good subject for discussion and perhaps the thread should be closed.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Look at the past trades for players of JVR and Bozak's caliber. If you think a late 1st would land either of them you are deluding yourself. Everything in the past indicates they would receive significantly more if they were traded (which for the record I do not believe they will be).

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Look at the past trades for players of JVR and Bozak's caliber. If you think a late 1st would land either of them you are deluding yourself. Everything in the past indicates they would receive significantly more if they were traded (which for the record I do not believe they will be).

Bozak would receive significantly more than a late 1st? We all watch games. He has some alright stats (except for his horrenedous +/-), but he is not the player who drives plays. Bozak as a rental is not getting you more than a late 1st. I think he'd bring back a 2nd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad