Ty Wishart

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Nielson81 said:
I do know that Wishart didn't have a good World Under 18 and he may fall to the 2nd round.

Mckeen's seem to think he had a solid u-18 being the defensive D man on the top pairing. I wasn't able to watch myself so won't give my personal opinion.

From what I've seen (TV) he's a strong positional player with good mobility who tends to make smart plays moving the puck. Given his size I figure him to be a solid and unspectacular 1st or 2nd pairing d-man at the NHL level.

IMO he's more likely to crack the top 10 than to fall out of the first round.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I wasn't impressed by him at the world U18. Looks like I'M not the only one:

Ty Wishart / Prince George

An ISS favorite most of the year, however as the season progressed we observed that he hasn?t been quite what we thought. Wishart?s play in Sweden more than supported our thoughts. He was passive and displayed little aggressiveness, which made it easy for his opponents to out play him. He as well made some terrible defensive decisions that cost his team dearly at various junctures of the tournament. He still has a lot of the physical tools that we covet in defensemen but he really needs to put it all together.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10684&hubname=

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Fozz said:
I wasn't impressed by him at the world U18. Looks like I'M not the only one:

Ty Wishart / Prince George

An ISS favorite most of the year, however as the season progressed we observed that he hasn?t been quite what we thought. Wishart?s play in Sweden more than supported our thoughts. He was passive and displayed little aggressiveness, which made it easy for his opponents to out play him. He as well made some terrible defensive decisions that cost his team dearly at various junctures of the tournament. He still has a lot of the physical tools that we covet in defensemen but he really needs to put it all together.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10684&hubname=

Did ISS drop him in their latest ranking? Just curious.

In the end, he has the raw size, skating and skill that are second to only EJ in this draft amongst blueliners, so I don't suspect he will fall too deep into the teens before getting drafted. As West put it, I agree he is still more likely to be top 10 than 2nd round.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Dr.Sens(e) said:
Did ISS drop him in their latest ranking? Just curious.

In the end, he has the raw size, skating and skill that are second to only EJ in this draft amongst blueliners, so I don't suspect he will fall too deep into the teens before getting drafted. As West put it, I agree he is still more likely to be top 10 than 2nd round.

He's now down to #28 in their top 30 skaters ranking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad