Ty Wishart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishart looks like he's having a tremendous season so far as a defenceman with Prince George in the WHL. He's a big boy at 6'5" and has 1 goal and 6 assists for 7 points in 19 games. But more impressively, he leads the WHL (and the CHL) in plus/minus with a +19. The next highest player on his team is at +10 and the next highest defencmean is only a +6. He's only had 2 games with a negative plus/minus all year, and he was selected the 1st star in one of those games.

So, while that looks impressive, does anyone have any scouting reports of him as a player? Strengths? Weaknesses?

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
I think Wishart is a solid 2nd round pick. He has a good frame that could still add about another 15-20 lbs. He uses his size well and though he isn't the best skater, he skates well enough for a player of his size. However, I don't think there is a ton of upside to him. He is just a solid defensive d-man that makes the safe play most of the time and will likely be a 2nd/3rd pairing d-man at the NHL level. If I had to make a comparison, I would say he is a better skating and more physical version of Cory Cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->