Player Discussion Ty Rattie

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Million per for 2 years, No Pitlick type take off please.
I don't know that I would do that. Rattie was ok, but I think one year would be safer and for comparison sakes. And I'm a Pitlick fan.

Tyler Pitlick - 80gp(well done) 14g 13a 27pts

Ty Rattie - 14gp 5g 4a 9pts

Again, I really liked Pitlick, but we shouldn't hold to much of candle for him, imo.

Reactions: Night Witch

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Id try to sign him to a one year one way deal at $600k or whatever the league minimum is next year. Guaranteed money, wont hurt us if sent to the minors and not a huge financial hit if he is. See what he does for an entire year. Allows some time for JP KY and other prospects to develop.

Where else will he get the opportunity to play with the best player in the world? I cant see him getting a longer/ better deal from anyone else as his stats will be seen to be padded by McDavid and if he is offered that he may be sacrificing a larger payday down the road if he can put up 35-40 points and play responsible hockey here.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth . Skilled shooter it would be dumb to cut him loose other than Draisaitl only RW to click with McDavid, having a natural right shot is a bonus.

Reactions: Night Witch

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
having a winger that can get 1-1.5m that you can play on your top line is a gift, the oilers would be stupid not to sign him. this allows drai to have one of JP98/Yams on his line and if we have to split up nuge and mcdavid you will need as many positive wingers as you can get. I fully expect lucic to be better next year and strome was starting to find his spot towards the end of the year. rattie is a decent player that fills a need. you have to keep him.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
having a winger that can get 1-1.5m that you can play on your top line is a gift, the oilers would be stupid not to sign him. this allows drai to have one of JP98/Yams on his line and if we have to split up nuge and mcdavid you will need as many positive wingers as you can get. I fully expect lucic to be better next year and strome was starting to find his spot towards the end of the year. rattie is a decent player that fills a need. you have to keep him.
Agreed, and if for some reason he doesn’t work out he can goto the AHL and give some prospects another skilled player to play with

Reactions: CornKicker

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
1 or 2 year one way deal at an amount that can be sent to the minors with no cap penalty for the big team. Lets him earn some decent money next season whether he's in the AHL or NHL, but no repercussions if he flops and ends up back in the minors. Something around ~900k should work.

Need to be very careful thinking you can just pencil him into the top line next year though. He benefited massively playing with McDavid while Connor was in the midst of pushing his way to the top of the league in scoring.

Let him fight for a spot on the roster in camp. If he doesn't make it you got a ~25 goal guy veteran for the AHL team.

Reactions: RebuildTheRebuild

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Seems a lot of people are massively over rating this guy based on 14 games. If that wasn't bad enough it's 14 games when the games didn't matter.

People want to give him a million plus and pencil him not only onto the team but in a top spot?

He did enough to earn a slight raise on his 700k a year two way deal and a chance in camp and nothing more.

Penciling him onto the opening day roster would be yet another failure of Peter Chiarelli.

If he's not a fluke he can earn a spot in camp and push someone down the depth chart. Relying on Rattie to be part of the team is planning to be a basement team yet again.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
I'd give him a 1 year $1M one-way contract. If he does well, then he can earn more in 2019-2020. If not, he'll get some cash to invest for his post-career life.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
The thing is, the Jets are actually good at drafting and developing NHL talent. Unlike us, they'll be able to fill their depth positions internally with quality ELC players. We don't have ****.

It takes time. The Oil have now drafted what appear to be good prospects for the last two years.

Reactions: oilers'72

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Nothing special, there’s a reason he never got anything going in his games with out Connor and Nuge.

Not even sure I’d give him a one way deal, he should probably be on 2 way deal again, considering his AHL production wasn’t super impressive.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Nothing special, there’s a reason he never got anything going in his games with out Connor and Nuge.

Not even sure I’d give him a one way deal, he should probably be on 2 way deal again, considering his AHL production wasn’t super impressive.
Lol he had a one way last season 700 k he was paid that in NHL or minors , was waiver elidgble

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I stand corrected was under impression it was 700 k in minors as well just looked on cap friendly you're correct . But I tell you know he wont take 2 way Flames who are desperate for skilled RW will offer him more he will put up 20-25 in Calgary , wont argue about skill in here after the masses said Eberle would not be missed .

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
I stand corrected was under impression it was 700 k in minors as well just looked on cap friendly you're correct . But I tell you know he wont take 2 way Flames who are desperate for skilled RW will offer him more he will put up 20-25 in Calgary , wont argue about skill in here after the masses said Eberle would not be missed .
He’s not Eberle, Eberle is a 60 point player. Rattie didn’t have a point in any games when he wasn’t with RNH/Connor, they were the chemistry not Rattie/Connor. I’d resign him to have for depth but it’s not a priority.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
He’s not Eberle, Eberle is a 60 point player. Rattie didn’t have a point in any games when he wasn’t with RNH/Connor, they were the chemistry not Rattie/Connor. I’d resign him to have for depth but it’s not a priority.
Skilled players produce with skilled players Rattie showed more than Caggiula Strome or Slepyshev playing with McDavid but the team is obviously so strong on wings Rattie is another throw away lol this fan base is funny , mark my words it will be another Glencross giveaway just watch. Rattie was younger and more productive than Glencross was when he was aquired , Calgary snagged him . Also Rattie was key playmaker on some of those goals he set up and scored some nice goal scorer goals on the others he had 9 points in 12 games with McDavid 9 in 10 games playing his natural wing with McDavid .

Reactions: MessierII

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Skilled players produce with skilled players Rattie showed more than Caggiula Strome or Slepyshev playing with McDavid but the team is obviously so strong on wings Rattie is another throw away lol this fan base is funny , mark my words it will be another Glencross giveaway just watch. Rattie was younger and more productive than Glencross was when he was aquired , Calgary snagged him . Also Rattie was key playmaker on some of those goals he set up and scored some nice goal scorer goals on the others he had 9 points in 12 games with McDavid 9 in 10 games playing his natural wing with McDavid .
He played with McDavid and RNH, the 2 games RNH was injured Rattie did absolutely nothing. He’s a product of them and nothing more. Signing this guy and thinking a guy who didn’t even put up a PPG in the AHL is the solution to our scoring problems would be so stupid and so Oilers.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
He played with McDavid and RNH, the 2 games RNH was injured Rattie did absolutely nothing. He’s a product of them and nothing more. Signing this guy and thinking a guy who didn’t even put up a PPG in the AHL is the solution to our scoring problems would be so stupid and so Oilers.
those 2 games he was played on his off wing for 1st time in career I guess we should cut Draisaitl as well he did nothing either same with McDavid what about the other 10 games lol . did you even watch those goals like the beauty pass he fed Nuge . Do you think Puljujarvi or Caggiula or Strome or anyone other than Draisaitl play better on RW with McDavid . You sound like Leaf fans everything is a product of Matthews . To discount his entire production and pick out 2 games is just a joke

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
those 2 games he was played on his off wing for 1st time in career I guess we should cut Draisaitl as well he did nothing either same with McDavid what about the other 10 games lol . did you even watch those goals like the beauty pass he fed Nuge . Do you think Puljujarvi or Caggiula or Strome or anyone other than Draisaitl play better on RW with McDavid . You sound like Leaf fans everything is a product of Matthews . To discount his entire production and pick out 2 games is just a joke
Do you think his production NHL and AHL without McDavid is worthy of a top 6 spot? And Rattie didn’t play the left side Draisaitl did. Both Puljujarvi and Strome are better players than Rattie.
To discount his entire average(below?) career for 10 games with McDavid is a joke.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Do you think his production NHL and AHL without McDavid is worthy of a top 6 spot? And Rattie didn’t play the left side Draisaitl did. Both Puljujarvi and Strome are better players than Rattie.
To discount his entire average(below?) career for 10 games with McDavid is a joke.
Name the wingers on the team who scored 5 goals or more with McDavid this season ,and no he played left wing they moved Drai to RW I will wait for the wingers who did , if you can't produce them stop wasting my time And he lead the team in scoring in the Ahl and production down there has no indicator of what he does up here . Lander and Arcobello were AHL superstars did squat up here Drai had 2 points down there . Serious man I really think you have no clue what a skilled player looks like

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
1 or 2 year one way deal at an amount that can be sent to the minors with no cap penalty for the big team. Lets him earn some decent money next season whether he's in the AHL or NHL, but no repercussions if he flops and ends up back in the minors. Something around ~900k should work.

Need to be very careful thinking you can just pencil him into the top line next year though. He benefited massively playing with McDavid while Connor was in the midst of pushing his way to the top of the league in scoring.

Let him fight for a spot on the roster in camp. If he doesn't make it you got a ~25 goal guy veteran for the AHL team.
Other than Katz's money there is no risk in such a deal. Rattie would be crazy not to sign it since their is no way any other team can match the potential opportunity that riding shot-gun with McDaid presents.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Ty Rattie deserves another look on McDavid's wing because he's going to make like $800k. He's an easy sign. But in no way is he a guy you keep on your roster if he's not getting propped up by one of McDavid or Draisaitl. Rattie is a significantly flawed NHL player who is very limited in his ability at this point. It's top six or waivers for the guy IMO. He's shown in Carolina and St Louis that his game is strictly skill and hasn't shown the willingness or ability to adapt.

Reactions: Stud Muffin

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

So what if he is a product of those two. Matt Moulson was a product of John Tavares as well but I think his 3 straight 30 goal seasons were still a good thing. If Rattie can do what he has done with those two...take advantage of his chances and not get in the way for what they will pay him it is a huge win for the team. If he can't you waive him and what have you lost.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Name the wingers on the team who scored 5 goals or more with McDavid this season ,and no he played left wing they moved Drai to RW I will wait for the wingers who did , if you can't produce them stop wasting my time And he lead the team in scoring in the Ahl and production down there has no indicator of what he does up here . Lander and Arcobello were AHL superstars did squat up here Drai had 2 points down there . Serious man I really think you have no clue what a skilled player looks like

Puljujarvi,Draisaitl,RNH,Maroon.
Strome barley played with McDavid and when he did it was when Connor was sick.
I’m confident any of our wingers would have potted 5 goals in 10 games with Connor and Nuge especially the way Connor was exploding.
You can think Rattie is an impact player all you want but the truth is he’s not and in what way is AHL sucess not a indicator of NHL success, get real.
RNH,Draisaitl,Puljujarvi,Yamamoto,Slepyshev all have more skill than Rattie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad