Two Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
Sorry if someone mentioned this in one of the other 100+ threads here (which I m contributing to with this one) but...

1. I heard that Ovechkin, during the pre-game press conference, said something to the effect of he was going to school the Canadian goaltending. Can anyone confirm?

2. Second, that during the pre-game show the announcers said someone from the Canadian team staff sent a letter to the IIHF saying that if Ovechkin pulled any inceidents like he did against the USA, the Canadian team would send their club after him, thus a repeat of 87. Did anyone hear this as well?

Once again, sorry if these issues were addressed elsewhere but there are just entirely too many repeat threads to go through to find out.

Thanks for the help!

BruinsGirl

Aug 27, 2002
Bruinsville, MA
Visit site
Looks like another attempt to start a war.

2. Second, that during the pre-game show the announcers said someone from the Canadian team staff sent a letter to the IIHF saying that if Ovechkin pulled any inceidents like he did against the USA, the Canadian team would send their club after him, thus a repeat of 87. Did anyone hear this as well?

This would be just stupid... What does it mean Canadian team would send their club after him . He isn't a criminal. Canadian club isn't a police. :eek:

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
BruinsGirl said:
Looks like another attempt to start a war.

This would be just stupid... What does it mean Canadian team would send their club after him . He isn't a criminal. Canadian club isn't a police. :eek:

Please don't take this as any means of trying to start a war. A friend of mine, who is a college hockey announcer in the US, said that is what he heard one of the announcers in Canada say, prior to the game. I honestly was shocked to hear it and only gave it any credit since it came from a person I consider reliable due to what he told me of a number of college players in the past. I was just looking to see if anyone who listens to the air waves up north, heard the same thing.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Blueshirt13 said:
Sorry if someone mentioned this in one of the other 100+ threads here (which I m contributing to with this one) but...

1. I heard that Ovechkin, during the pre-game press conference, said something to the effect of he was going to school the Canadian goaltending. Can anyone confirm?

Once again, sorry if these issues were addressed elsewhere but there are just entirely too many repeat threads to go through to find out.

Thanks for the help!

What you heard has been badly twisted. Ovechkin basically suggested that Glass was a big question mark because he hadn't been tested, which was true. There was nothing about taking him to school.

In the second thing, Ovechkin apparently has a ritual where he skates into the other team's end during warmups, while the other team is on the ice, and pretends to shoot the puck into the net. As every one knows, it's a big no-no to cross the red line during warmups and Canada asked the IIHF to prevent him from doing so. There were no threats that I know of, only concerns that it could get ugly if Ovechkin did it.

Blueshirt13

Apr 23, 2004
Other side of the Ri
Macman said:
What you heard has been badly twisted. Ovechkin basically suggested that Glass was a big question mark because he hadn't been tested, which was true. There was nothing about taking him to school.

In the second thing, Ovechkin apparently has a ritual where he skates into the other team's end during warmups, while the other team is on the ice, and pretends to shoot the puck into the net. As every one knows, it's a big no-no to cross the red line during warmups and Canada asked the IIHF to prevent him from doing so. There were no threats that I know of, only concerns that it could get ugly if Ovechkin did it.

Thanks Macman. I was stuck at a work function last night so could not listen to the webcast. I appreciate the info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->