Proposal: Two Oilers Trades

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
Why does every armchair gm think Faulk to the oilers is the best approach? I am sure he is a good player (in the o-zone), but I would not move anything substantial for him, ergo no trade to be had.
I want to draft our own right shot stud d man, not pay a premium for someone else’s.
Nurse is too good to lose for the sake of a one dimensional winger, easy no on that one.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I wouldn’t trade Nurse for any member of the Habs, never mind Galchenyuk and an OK prospect.

Outside of making our defence significantly worse for minor forward upgrades that we’re paying through the nose for I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish here.

I understand not wanting to trade nurse but a Dman who is big, fast, a good passer, and played Almost 20min (by end of season he was playing 23min) a night and didn't look out of place as a rookie is OK?

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
I understand not wanting to trade nurse but a Dman who is big, fast, a good passer, and played Almost 20min (by end of season he was playing 23min) a night and didn't look out of place as a rookie is OK?

He never played 23 mins in a game. In his final 15 games he only played 20+ mins twice.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
He played 19.23 over the 23 games according to hockey reference so almost 20 min a game is accurate no? Also he played 20+ min 7 times (nhl.com) the twice comment was wrong. You are correct on the 23 min number I was wrong on that, the most he played in a game was 21.54.

Edit: missed the 15 game comment. But isolating 15 of 23 is a bit snakey.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Ethan Bear played 18 minutes a night, almost as many games as Juulsen did and didn’t look out of place. He’s a much better passer and much better offensively, which Juulsen is much more defensively sound.

Point is, Ethan Bear would not be a key piece in us acquiring a rock solid young top four defenceman like Nurse, so Juulsen shouldn’t be either.

Again, I think very highly of Nurse and wouldn’t trade him for anything the Habs own, up to and including 3rd overall. Galchenyuk and Juulsen? Dial tone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad