TV coverage in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

Apr 5, 2002
The 49th parallel
Visit site
I emailed sportsnet (Canada) and they responded that they will be releasing their schedule sometime around mid-September. I would imagine CBC and TSN will be doing so at very close to the same time.....

As far as I know, all three networks will be continuing coverage.

TheMoose

Jun 23, 2005
All the networks continue to fine/refine the schedules. The lateness of the OLN deal in the US has played a role in the delay.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Oilers is up ...

http://www.edmontonoilers.com/schedule/tv.php

From Press Release ...

"A total of 78 games from the Oilers 82-game regular season will be televised locally this season, with 10 slated exclusively for Pay-Per-View. The majority of Oilers telecasts will take place on Rogers Sportsnet West (50), with 12 games on CBC?s Hockey Night In Canada, and another 6 games on TSN. Only 4 games will not be available for telecast."

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
wooohooooo 4 Islanders games on the TSN schedule. I give them credit for picking up 1 rangers/islanders game. They also smart picking up Islanders/Ottawa(Yashin and all). Hopefully they pick up a few more Islanders games because I live in the "leaf region" and they usually have tons of leafs games during the season.

coolguy21415

Jul 17, 2003
boredmale said:
wooohooooo 4 Islanders games on the TSN schedule. I give them credit for picking up 1 rangers/islanders game. They also smart picking up Islanders/Ottawa(Yashin and all). Hopefully they pick up a few more Islanders games because I live in the "leaf region" and they usually have tons of leafs games during the season.

TSN hardly ever shows Leaf games... This season only 10 games are Leaf games

coolguy21415

Jul 17, 2003
Nazzy-19 said:
They show alot of Leafs games in the leafs region only IIRC.

To be honest I think this is a misconception, because TSN often plays games at the same time as leaf games are on CBC or Sportsnet or whatever, and also because most people will only tune into TSN for a Leaf game. I live in "Leaf region" and I don't really associate Leaf games with TSN at all. Anyway, it's all subjective. Fact is this year 14% of TSN aired games are Leaf games, which is still too many IMO, but pretty good.

CupDrought67

Aug 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
www.freewebs.com
RedScull said:
To be honest I think this is a misconception, because TSN often plays games at the same time as leaf games are on CBC or Sportsnet or whatever, and also because most people will only tune into TSN for a Leaf game. I live in "Leaf region" and I don't really associate Leaf games with TSN at all. Anyway, it's all subjective. Fact is this year 14% of TSN aired games are Leaf games, which is still too many IMO, but pretty good.

Considering that we only have 6 teams in canada how is 14 % too much? Every team should have roughly 16 % TSN aired games for it to be equal.

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
RedScull said:

TSN doesn't show games at the same time as CBC and Sportsnet, only one network can show a game at one time, they have exclusive rights to that game. TSN does show a lot of regional Leafs games, I live in the Leafs region and between CBC, TSN, and Sportsnet I can get 82 Leafs games a year, which comes in handy when the Leafs play a team I want to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad