TV Broadcast Disappointment Thread

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
As much as I feel badly for Stu, its not like he doesn't have a legal degree to fall back on, and I will be favorably impressed that the Preds(or Fox, whoever makes the call) must have either listened to the fans or saw what we were all seeing.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
meet the 2017-18 Preds Broadcast Team

At the Open House on Thursday August 24th.

It's pretty obvious from this at least one of them is out (most likely Stu just given how he seemingly disappeared after the 1st round.) They wouldn't be having a meet the broadcast team if the broadcast team was the same as last year.

Really wish Willy would stop with the "yes sir" on goal calls. That's annoying.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It's pretty obvious from this at least one of them is out (most likely Stu just given how he seemingly disappeared after the 1st round.) They wouldn't be having a meet the broadcast team if the broadcast team was the same as last year.

Really wish Willy would stop with the "yes sir" on goal calls. That's annoying.
The audio was bad but I've seen season tribute videos on Youtube where they have all the goal calls but they just play music and mute Willy's call on Arvy's sick one against the Blues because it was so bad and awkward.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Was bad enough to have to hear him on standard cable, could not imagine paying extra for a premium channel only to get his perspective.

Actually it may be a better fit for him, won't be talking over a PBP guy with excitement about grade A clearing the puck off the glass.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Gill was a bit rough but it really was nice to understand what was being said. Peterson 's voice grated on my nerves. (I realize he couldn't help it but it did make listening to the radio feed painful at times) Gill is good at explaining things concisely. And Pete focuses on calling the action more. Also looking forward to hearing Mase on the TV side.

Photosniper89

May 23, 2017
Huntsville, AL
So after missing a few games and having to watch the Fox Sports South TV broadcast, *%*$*#*%*%* are our announcers terrible! I've actually had friends who have Center Ice to watch their favorite team, contact me and say they can't watch our games just because of how boring the announcers are. The parents try to watch the games when I go to them and they also say the same thing.

Maybe I'm being a bit hard but man... they are hard to listen to. And the whole "Yes sir" thing... :help:

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
So after missing a few games and having to watch the Fox Sports South TV broadcast, *%*$*#*%*%* are our announcers terrible! I've actually had friends who have Center Ice to watch their favorite team, contact me and say they can't watch our games just because of how boring the announcers are. The parents try to watch the games when I go to them and they also say the same thing.

Maybe I'm being a bit hard but man... they are hard to listen to. And the whole "Yes sir" thing... :help:
This year's broadcast team is the best it's been since Pete left TV. Even so I am not as bothered by it now. Stu was 200% of the problem and Willy is getting much better. Could he be better? Yes, but I'd say he ranks mid pack compared to others I have heard and I would choose him over any of the NBC folks outside of John Forslund. My only real issue this year is Kara Hammer. I can't stand her voice.

Reactions: Viqsi

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
This year's broadcast team is the best it's been since Pete left TV. Even so I am not as bothered by it now. Stu was 200% of the problem and Willy is getting much better. Could he be better? Yes, but I'd say he ranks mid pack compared to others I have heard and I would choose him over any of the NBC folks outside of John Forslund. My only real issue this year is Kara Hammer. I can't stand her voice.

John Forslund is my favorite PBP guy in sports. I think I would almost pitch in for his salary if he could be the Preds PBP. When I am trying to pick a game to watch on Center Ice many times I watch the Hurricanes just to hear his call.......

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
my only complaint is an old complaint. we aren't critical enough of bad plays and who was at fault. Really like mase (as a guy) and hope he begins to get a little more comfortable pointing out obvious fails. I know he sympathizes with goalies but every shot was not a "he had no chance on that one" shot... Crispy (at home games) remains the only person who will call a spade a spade, but of course he does it in his folksy humor type approach that hides his knowledge of hockey and irritates many knowledgable fans honestly.. which is a shame. Willy is much improved as far as following the flow of the game, if he can get over his infatuation of shots off the mask and sticks being on the ice and every bump being a big hit. He still doesn't really know some of the intracacies of the game, but he is obviously learning as time goes on. I also always hate the references to other sports to describe plays like "fouls", "changeup", etc etc, which populate every game.

and our color gals canned questions are tedious admittedly. but i don't really expect any difference there.

on the other hand, Muse might be a great coach... but he is an awful in game interview... as is Saros.. lolol

so well ok maybe i have more than one complaint lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->