Turris feature

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I'd have to say that of all the prospects I've interviewed in the 2.5 years I've worked for HF, Turris was one of the top three interviews I've done. Teams are going to absolutely love him when they sit down with him at the Combine and in the days leading up to the draft.

You're definitely right, Burnaby is in tough for the BCHL playoffs. But then again, they came into Victoria Friday night and laid a beating on one of the best teams in the league in their own rink - on the back of a 7-point performance from Turris.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
I'd have to say that of all the prospects I've interviewed in the 2.5 years I've worked for HF, Turris was one of the top three interviews I've done. Teams are going to absolutely love him when they sit down with him at the Combine and in the days leading up to the draft.

You're definitely right, Burnaby is in tough for the BCHL playoffs. But then again, they came into Victoria Friday night and laid a beating on one of the best teams in the league in their own rink - on the back of a 7-point performance from Turris.

Why do you say that? Does he strike you as a wholesome boring kid? We've seen millions of those! Or an Ovy type?

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Nice article.

Lol at this though.

462101.jpg

Please feel free to use my(though I'm not probably not the first to come up with it) "Kane is Able" when he's the feature. ;)

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Why do you say that? Does he strike you as a wholesome boring kid? We've seen millions of those! Or an Ovy type?

It's not that he's boring. Turris comes across as a very intelligent, grounded, but still very excited kid. He really is thriving on all this pressure. I don't think people recognize how amazing it is that he's been able to get stronger as the year goes on, knowing that scouts and GMs are literally flying to watch his league's games solely because of him.

EDIT: And I agree Legionnaire. McKeen's does good work, but that title is just hateful. They owe the "bad magazine cover gods" at least three baby sheep for that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->