Pre-Game Talk: Turris back in Ottawa (Turris night 7:30pm on TurriSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
imagesQREQCB2N.jpg

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Will be a nice game to see live. I suppose he will get his "welcome Back Kyle" salute, although if I were in management he would get jack squat for being classless on the way out.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
I was surprised when I heard a radio ad for this game yesterday. The ad went along the lines of "See young star Thomas Chabot take on the Predators led by Subban"
Like really? Thats what you're trying to sell tickets to this game? Nothing about Turris or even Fisher at all? GG Sens Marketing.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Will be a nice game to see live. I suppose he will get his "welcome Back Kyle" salute, although if I were in management he would get jack squat for being classless on the way out.
[Mod]

Turris wanted to stay in Ottawa and was upset to be traded. Nothing classless about his reaction whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joider

Aug 13, 2012
Ottawa
What an idiotic opinion.

Turris wanted to stay in Ottawa and was upset to be traded. Nothing classless about his reaction whatsoever.

I don't think he was classless. It just seemed like it was something he couldn't control, however, every indication showed that Turris didn't want to stay in Ottawa.

Reactions: Mika Hoffmanijad

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hopefully, Turris & Fisher both get a nice ovation from fans, both were good guys on & specifically off the ice for this community. Subban should get booed, he has no ties to Ottawa, good player but he's the opposition. I like Ryan Ellis, he played midget hockey close to my home town. I like a lot about Nashville actually, as well as Winnipeg.

Kamina

Amok
Feb 28, 2007
Why couldn't we live in the reality where we have both Duchene and Turris? This is bullshit.

I miss Turret. Hoping for a close game where he and Duchene both have big performances, but we'll probably just get blown out instead.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Fisher probably isn’t playing for 2 more weeks, while he gets in game shape.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I was just gonna say. Fisher probably won't be playing for a while. He'll practice with the team for a couple weeks. I wonder if he'd even play 1 or 2 ahl games to get up to speed on a conditioning stint for a weekend. Probably not though.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I wish Turris and Fisher well. Just not against us.

I have a good feeling with this game. Toronto is giving the Preds all they can handle so far tonight. Play physical against them tomorrow and we'll be able to wear them down.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Why couldn't we live in the reality where we have both Duchene and Turris? This is bull****.

I miss Turret. Hoping for a close game where he and Duchene both have big performances, but we'll probably just get blown out instead.
What would you have traded to get Duchene. You ain't getting him for free.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Turris was great for the organization. He deserves a warm welcome back.

In saying that, giving him up for Duchene was a good move. We never could have won with him as our #1 C, making #1 money.

Unfortunately the only piece that really hurt in that trade is going to hurt even more with how bad we have been this season.

Reactions: coladin

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Hope Turris lights it up as a big F U to Eugene tonight. Guy wanted to stay and would've stayed for a discount, and was great in the community but Melnyk had to mettle in the operations. Anyways we move forward.

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
Hope Turris lights it up as a big F U to Eugene tonight. Guy wanted to stay and would've stayed for a discount, and was great in the community but Melnyk had to mettle in the operations. Anyways we move forward.

Is this true or just something you made up? From everything I read into he was looking for a 7-8 year deal which is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad