Tuomo Ruutu hit vs. Latvia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talentless Practise*

FLYLine88 said:
And thanks for proving the hit was illegal...since when can you get you hands up into your opponents face when hitting him? Good job contradicting yourself. :rolleyes:

And looking at those pictures, you are saying he brought his hands UP to the head? Have you lost your glasses mate?

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Ola said:
Yeah, what to expect from finns. A cross check to the face and 10 of 'em sing up to praise him. I think fans of 30 teams in the NHL and 15 nations in the WCH would call that hit what it was. A small d-i-c-k hit by a chicken player against a B-nation in hockey. :shakehead

No, he is so tough, he leveled a latvian. :clap:

Well it didn't long for the swedes to appear here, how predictable. A clean hit by NHL-standards and we have the friends of no-contact hockey here whining like women.

Just like the hit against Jagr in olympics where all the swedes and rangers fans were whining 24/7 until even they had to shut up when 90% of the hockey world ruled the hit clean, including RAngers expert commentator JD.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Bonkers said:
And looking at those pictures, you are saying he brought his hands UP to the head? Have you lost your glasses mate?

Where were Ruutus hand to start, now where did they end up?

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
FLYLine88 said:
Yea AND LOOK WHERE RUUTU IS, 5 FEET IN THE AIR! Give it up bud, your clueless!

:biglaugh:

I rest my case here.

Hint: it doesn't matter how high his feet are AFTER the hit, it's the position of his feet during the CONTACT that counts.

But I feel it's pretty useless to try explaining even the basics to you.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Pepper said:
:biglaugh:

I rest my case here.

Hint: it doesn't matter how high his feet are AFTER the hit, it's the position of his feet during the CONTACT that counts.

But I feel it's pretty useless to try explain even the basics to you.

Your so clueless to what your talking about that im not even going to bother trying to explain rules to you.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
FLYLine88 said:
A glove doen't easily cut your face open :biglaugh: :biglaugh:
And thanks for proving the hit was illegal...since when can you get you hands up into your opponents face when hitting him? Good job contradicting yourself. :rolleyes:Talk about never playing hockey, basic rules bud, learn them.

Says the man who brought the pics himself.
I suppose if a guys name is Ruutu, he has to
learn to skate with his hands as low as his knees. :shakehead

Now, suppose I'm ignorant about hockey
and you explain me the rules of a hit.
I'm eager to learn.

EDIT:typo

Last edited:

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
MrAlfie said:
by the way...

wouldnt it be totally stupid to check like this unless you werent out to check with your stick?

i mean just check his position, ruutu had all the time to set himself in a position he wont get hurt when checking the player.

I don't think there's a question that Ruutu went into the corner looking to make a big hit, but at the same time, I don't think he anticipated redlih to cut up ice like he did. At that point, it was probably 'try to make a solid hit' or 'jump out of the way' (which is a good way to get yourself injured). Body positioning in this case probably wasn't preconceived.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
FLYLine88 said:
Your so clueless to what your talking about that im not even going to bother trying to explain rules to you.

It would help if you knew the rules before you even attempt to explain rules to anyone. It's painfully obvious that you just don't know what you're talking about.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Pepper said:
It would help if you knew the rules before you even attempt to explain rules to anyone. It's painfully obvious that you just don't know what you're talking about.

Ya, keep telling urself that bud if it helps you sleep.

Talentless Practise*

FLYLine88 said:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

How clueless can a person be.

5 feet = ~1.5 metres

Although they will tell you this stuff in elementary school so all hope is not lost.

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
FLYLine88 said:

It's Ruutu's momentum that makes him look like a running back diving for the endzone when the hit occurs.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
FLYLine88 said:

How badly you really want to humiliate yourself here?? You went from hitting with stick to flying elbow to high hit to jumping before the hit, all proved wrong by your own 'evidence'.

Seriously dude, you lost this one just like you lost the case against Ruutu in Torino.

BigTimer*

FLYLine88 said:
What a surprise... the Rangers fans are the only ones with their panties up in a bunch... hmmmmmmmmmm.

I think before you use the word "clueless" again you should:

A) Look at the 56 second mark of the clip. Ruutu's skate is clearly on the ice.

B) Go to your local used sportings good store and buy a relatively new pair of gloves or just one if the guy wants to cut you a deal. Put it on and punch yourself in the face.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
FLYLine88 said:
[image]http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/9886/18db.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/6295/27ov.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/1796/33rs.jpg[/image]

[image]http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3180/40wg.jpg[/image]

Click to enlarge

Great still photo evidence. That should conclude it is a clean hit. Arms down, no jumping before the impact. Thanks for the links, should bring an end to all this "dirty" crap.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Ola said:
Yeah, what to expect from finns. A cross check to the face and 10 of 'em sing up to praise him. I think fans of 30 teams in the NHL and 15 nations in the WCH would call that hit what it was. A small d-i-c-k hit by a chicken player against a B-nation in hockey. :shakehead

Naa, he is soo tough, he leveled a latvian. Wooow. Hyvää soumi! Hyvää Ruutu brothers! :clap:

Ruutu was already lining up for the hit before the Latvian guy turned and turtled. The fact that it hit the guys head was mostly bad luck. If you call that a cross-check to the face you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
FLYLine88 said:

No they are right. You are obviously totally clueless about the rules. PLEASE learn them before you post again. It is SAD to see a person first provide conclusive photo evidence and then making himself a ridiculous clown. Your photos say "clean hit" and you say "dirty hit". Which one is wrong? The photos, or your idea of the rules?

Free clue....It's not the photos.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
I guess it shouldn't be a surprise that a fan of one of the least physical teams in the league is whining about physical hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad