Tukonen makes statement: 3G+1A today (FIN 9 NOR 0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
.........at the World U-18...

You know--2 years ago on this board the discussions (before anyone heard of Malkin) always included Lauri Tukonen along with Ovechkin and Olesz and Barker as the favourites to go in the first few picks at the top of the '04 draft.......Tukonen has been coming on strong in the 2nd half of this year (he was very good at the %nations U-18 in Feb. and today he explodes against Norway at the World u-18......

CHI has a tough choice with the #3 pick --but to many (including me) Olesz has not fulfilled his promise this year,there are questions about Chipchura as a finisher,about Schremp in size,skating and physical play,in Radulov ( attitude and skating)--though schremp and Radulov are probably the 2 best "natural" finishers in the draft..........BUT if Tukonen is finally emerging with the promise everyone projected for him 2 years ago,the he might just be vaulting himself into that #3 spot
--so if it is an easy consensus of Ovechkin and Malkin 1-02,the really tough decision goes to CHI at #3.......there is a lot to choose from,no clear consensus.....but Tallon has stated he wants above all good character guys with skill AND physical play --maybe the guy at forward that best fits is Tukonen?

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I agree with you that Tukonen has performed great and should get consideration as a top five pick (consideration, I'm not saying he will go in the top five) but citing a big game against Norway isn't the best way to verify it. No offence to Norweigan hockey fans, but they're not the biggest powerhouse on the international scene.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
hawksfan50 said:
.........at the World U-18...

You know--2 years ago on this board the discussions (before anyone heard of Malkin) always included Lauri Tukonen along with Ovechkin and Olesz and Barker as the favourites to go in the first few picks at the top of the '04 draft.......Tukonen has been coming on strong in the 2nd half of this year (he was very good at the %nations U-18 in Feb. and today he explodes against Norway at the World u-18......

CHI has a tough choice with the #3 pick --but to many (including me) Olesz has not fulfilled his promise this year,there are questions about Chipchura as a finisher,about Schremp in size,skating and physical play,in Radulov ( attitude and skating)--though schremp and Radulov are probably the 2 best "natural" finishers in the draft..........BUT if Tukonen is finally emerging with the promise everyone projected for him 2 years ago,the he might just be vaulting himself into that #3 spot
--so if it is an easy consensus of Ovechkin and Malkin 1-02,the really tough decision goes to CHI at #3.......there is a lot to choose from,no clear consensus.....but Tallon has stated he wants above all good character guys with skill AND physical play --maybe the guy at forward that best fits is Tukonen?

Are you serious? You are bragging about Tukonen based on a game against Norway? Come on now. When he puts up those numbers against top competition then you can say something. That's like people hyping up top prospects when they play Belarus, Kazahkstan and all these other weak teams out there. It's meaningless.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'm not sure tha Andrew Ladd is getting enough credit around here. He seemed to get better and better all season long and had a really strong finish. And he proved he could do it by himself (when Getzlaf was at the WJCs). Barker has also just been on fire of late.

He has definitely overtaken Chipchura, and he and Barker should both receive serious consideration for that pick.

meds09

Jan 14, 2004
jmelm said:
I'm not sure tha Andrew Ladd is getting enough credit around here. He seemed to get better and better all season long and had a really strong finish. And he proved he could do it by himself (when Getzlaf was at the WJCs). Barker has also just been on fire of late.

He has definitely overtaken Chipchura, and he and Barker should both receive serious consideration for that pick.
Don't forget though, Ladd is a year older than Chipchura. In the long run Chipchura will definatly overtake Ladd as the better pro.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
meds09 said:
Don't forget though, Ladd is a year older than Chipchura. In the long run Chipchura will definatly overtake Ladd as the better pro.

To say that Chipchura will be better because he is younger is a fallacy.

Based on Chipchura being a year younger??

If that were the case, then I'm sure NHL clubs would select Chipchura over Ladd, something that definitely will not happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad