Tuesday meeting report - if you can call something this general a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
On the labour front, the two sides met from 12:30 p.m. EDT to 7 p.m. EDT in New York on Monday and went at it again 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.

A tentative deal on a new collective bargaining agreement is expected within the next week.

What's taking so long? Sources indicate there are still some issues - none perceived as critical - being negotiated while the actual process of drafting the long and complicated document is slow and laborious.

An announcement could come as early as Thursday but could also drag into next week

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050705.wcamp5/BNStory/Sports/

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
On the labour front, the two sides met from 12:30 p.m. EDT to 7 p.m. EDT in New York on Monday and went at it again 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.

A tentative deal on a new collective bargaining agreement is expected within the next week.

What's taking so long? Sources indicate there are still some issues - none perceived as critical - being negotiated while the actual process of drafting the long and complicated document is slow and laborious.

An announcement could come as early as Thursday but could also drag into next week

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20050705.wcamp5/BNStory/Sports/

So much for Eklund's "report" that the meeting was still going on past 8.

I've always found it hilarious that people fall for Eklund's play-by-play... as if they are sending him, or anyone, e-mails from their Blackberry during potty breaks.

Pavel

Mar 1, 2004
Houston
Jobu said:
I've always found it hilarious that people fall for Eklund's play-by-play... as if they are sending him, or anyone, e-mails from their Blackberry during potty breaks.

and people are paying for his drivel. We'll at least now he can afford an iPod and Blackberry, oh and support youth hockey.

Icey

Jan 23, 2005
Jobu said:

Not defending him or anything, but you don't think the Globe and Mail has ever reported anything inaccurate? And if you read his blog, it says it APPEARS the meeting is still going on. Nitpick much?

Pavel

Mar 1, 2004
Houston
Icey said:
Not defending him or anything, but you don't think the Globe and Mail has ever reported anything inaccurate? And if you read his blog, it says it APPEARS the meeting is still going on. Nitpick much?

No, you need to read the entry more closely. He said it APPEARS to be a long week ahead. He stated that they were still meeting at 8:16pm. Pretty clear to me.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Jobu said:

Yet you are still reading him for some reason.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->