Tucson Roadrunners Discussion - Western Conference Champions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
Wait a second. Am I reading this right? Tucson's first game was October 7th. Their 2nd game is 7 days later on October 14th and their 3rd game isn't until 7 days later on October 21st? What the ****?!?!? I have to be reading that wrong. Right?
I'm not even being serious with this comment, but... Strome was sent down to play more minutes? Three games total in October, one of which Strome was in Glendale during? Hahaha

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
I do know that. Three games in a month is still less than half that rate (eight).

Your team's division also plays less games than the rest of the league. They need to spread the games out in order to avoid entering the final month of the season with no games to play while the rest of the league finishes up.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How did Strome look in his first game? What do people see as his upside? Spezza?

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Miska gets his first win. The RR defense lead the offense with Mermis (SHG) and Wood scoring, while Capobianco and Campbell set-up goals for Sislo (PPG) and Etem respectively. 12 different goal scorers through 3 games, Strome and Capobianco leading the way on assists with 3 each.

FORWARDS
MIKE SISLO (9) - DYLAN STROME (91) - NICK MERKLEY (38)
EMERSON ETEM (26) - RYAN MACINNIS (72) - LANE PEDERSON (18)
JENS LOOKE (24) - TYLER GAUDET (10) - CONOR GARLAND (8)
SCOTT ALLEN (29) - TREVOR CHEEK (39) - MICHAEL LATTA (46)
DEFENSEMEN
DAKOTA MERMIS (43) - ANDREW CAMPBELL (2)
JOEL HANLEY (44) - DYSIN MAYO (37)
KYLE CAPOBIANCO (23) - KYLE WOOD (3)
GOALTENDERS
HUNTER MISKA (35)
MAREK LANGHAMER (30)

Last edited:
Reactions: slv and SR

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I am disappointed that Strome is not up playing the second line C in the NHL but I understand it and it is probably for the best. Let him work hard, hone his professional game, spend lots of time with the skating coach...some of the angst will disappear the first time Strome has a Strome like 5 or 6 point night. If he can learn Tocchets system and start to dominate in Tuscon (1.3 pts + per game) he can earn a call up around Christmas and spend the second half of the season with the Coyotes as the team is gelling and actually looking good.

:crossfing

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
A point per game pace early on is encouraging. Still hoping we see that increase significantly over the next 10 games or so.

The pace is good, but two assists in his first game, one in the second, and zero in the third is not a good trend.

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
How has Kyle Capobianco looked so far? Really wishing him the best following his time here in Sudbury.

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Kyle Wood a healthy scratch tonight. He played in all 72 Tucson games, previously.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Exactly what you want to see from Strome. Great showing. Glad he isn't part of the losing streak but think he will be able to contribute in another couple weeks.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Kyle Wood a healthy scratch tonight. He played in all 72 Tucson games, previously.

Was told he was a better prospect than POJ. :D

Don't know why people slept on Capobianco, he logged heavy, important minutes for a crap team. Nice to see him getting some recognition.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Larraza sent down to Fort Wayne on Wednesday, Tyanulin sent down on Thursday, and Smereck sent down today.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Crouse-Strome-Merkley start.
MacInnis benefits as it pushes Etem & Sislo down on his wings, he's flying tonight.
Hamer starts, calm and in control as usual.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Strome with two penalties in a row in the 2nd, goalie interference and high sticking.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Pederson nets one from Capobianco on a delayed penalty, 1-0 RR after two
It's the same system the Coyotes are attempting, D are doing well turning the puck back up the ice quick, looks to fit MacInnis' game well. Garland still chooses the riskiest late pass every time.
Hamer controls every puck, couple big glove saves in the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->