Recalled/Assigned: Tucker Poolman recalled to the Jets

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Perfect. my prediction is he plays at least 40 games with the Jets this season but we need to get him playing games right now. AHL is an awesome place to develop and this will be good for his game.

Reactions: 204hockey

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Yup - his only problem is that the Jets are pretty much set on the right-side D. You're certainly not going to let any of Buff, Trouba or Myers set in favour of a waiver-eligible rookie. AN injury to any of them though and he is back.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Made some nice coin sitting and watching but time to play and get more experience he's a huge part for us if he pans out allows us to trade someone down the line for a big upgrade or prospects

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not really sure why they didn't do this earlier, unless it was partly a reward to him. It'll be good for him to play a lot and be ready for when he's needed.

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
Not really sure why they didn't do this earlier, unless it was partly a reward to him. It'll be good for him to play a lot and be ready for when he's needed.
my guess is they were maximizing his income as a goodwill gesture. I think that is the kind of move that gives the franchise a good reputation among players and agents.

Reactions: KingBogo

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
my guess is they were maximizing his income as a goodwill gesture. I think that is the kind of move that gives the franchise a good reputation among players and agents.

Agreed, he's 24 and will have a shorter career then guys who started earlier than him. Increased payday this year is important. I hope they feed him minutes and all
the top situations!

He'd replace any RD but we did just see Chiarot in 2 games at LD so he's not guaranteed to be that call up.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed. He would have got a signing bonus in April another one in July and then approx $150,000 of NHL salary. All told Poolman has made $340,000 or so by now helping make things a little more comfortable while for him while he develops on the Moose. I still believe he will be an every day player for the Jets by season's end.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Myers needs to keep playing well so he brings back a good 3C in that upcoming trade...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agreed. He would have got a signing bonus in April another one in July and then approx $150,000 of NHL salary. All told Poolman has made $340,000 or so by now helping make things a little more comfortable while for him while he develops on the Moose. I still believe he will be an every day player for the Jets by season's end.

Having nothing to do with how good he is, whose job is he going to take?

Jets could trade a RHD but don't you think they like having an injury callup who is actually good? If they decide to trade, then who? Buff is pretty much locked in until July 1 and I doubt they would want to trade him anyway. Can't see them trading Myers until Trouba is signed and maybe not then. That only leaves Trouba. Can't see him being traded until the arbitration scenario plays out.

When/if Trouba is traded Poolman isn't a replacement for a top pair D man. Buff can play that part but not for long. Buff, Myers, Poolman is a weaker right side than what we have now. So the trade return has to include a replacement. Not likely a direct 1:1. Maybe a near NHL ready A+ prospect. That isn't much of an opening for Poolman.

When/if Trouba signs either Myers or Buff could be traded. I'd bet on Myers being easier to move as long as he doesn't have any more serious injury issues in the meantime. So I think that is when Poolman becomes an everyday player. Trouba signs rather than accept arbitration, Myers gets traded, Poolman is in for next season.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Really don't get how this guy sitting in the press box is benefitting his career.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Really don't get how this guy sitting in the press box is benefitting his career.

They should have let him play in a Moose game on the last home stand. Maurice pretty much hinted they'll get him in a game soon.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Made some nice coin sitting and watching but time to play and get more experience he's a huge part for us if he pans out allows us to trade someone down the line for a big upgrade or prospects

I think that is the reason the Jets kept him up without playing for so long. Let him collect a couple of NHL pay checks and watch and spend time with the team. Since the right side stayed healthy send him back to get top line minutes with the Moose. The fact that this makes the Moose even better then they already are is a bonus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->