TSN's NHLPA mouthpiece G.Healy doesn't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricBowser

Dec 8, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
He's sitting there saying goodbye 24% like he's some charismatic hockey legend and businessman, and Bob McKenzie correctly jumps in to interrupt with the correct factual information, no season is a 100% loss for the players and next season could be 50 to 100% also.

Healy continues to try to say "big pressure on owners" and McKenzie says "same song and dance from the players".

Its about time Burke and McKenzie stood up to Healy's NHLPA press releases and fired back to at least have some integrity to the show.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Look at my avatar...it says it all

Healy benefitted from the owners foolish spending.For some reason,Neil Smith decided Healy was worth a four year for $3.5 million after the 1992-93 season.He was Mike Richter's caddy for four years

Then Toronto paid him $1 million as a back-up

Jocus

Dec 23, 2004
I am starting to hate TSN. Thank god they have Burke and McKenzie to put some sense into it.

Last night, McKenzie was about to jump him.

McKenzie is pretty impartial. He wants a fair deal. Burke is pro-owner, so they had to have someone to give the player's point of vue.

Plus, it would be boring if everyone agreed.

But, he is just so annoying. He has no argument and it seems like he doesn't understand anything. I am thinking about e-mailing TSN to share my hatred of him. Maybe it would make a difference.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
EricBowser said:
He's sitting there saying goodbye 24% like he's some charismatic hockey legend and businessman, and Bob McKenzie correctly jumps in to interrupt with the correct factual information, no season is a 100% loss for the players and next season could be 50 to 100% also.

Healy continues to try to say "big pressure on owners" and McKenzie says "same song and dance from the players".

Its about time Burke and McKenzie stood up to Healy's NHLPA press releases and fired back to at least have some integrity to the show.

That's another reason the players' offer was a joke ... the owners had it in their power to take a 100% rollback for as long as they wanted. And to control the percentage of 04-05 rollback to take by just waiting as long as they wanted to make a deal.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
RangerBoy said:
Healy benefitted from the owners foolish spending.For some reason,Neil Smith decided Healy was worth a four year for $3.5 million after the 1992-93 season.He was Mike Richter's caddy for four years

Then Toronto paid him $1 million as a back-up

Add Healy's joke contract to Keane, Skrudland, MacLean, Lindros, Bure, Ulanov, etc., and you know exactly why the owners want what they want.

buce

Jan 25, 2005
Toronto
Oh that was sweet. The very level headed McKenzie slapping Healy down. I couldn't believe it. Healy was in the middle of one of his trademark gibberish pro-union tirades and McKenzie rudely interrupted and put Healy in his place. It was obvious that Bob had his patience tested by Healy and felt it was the time to slap that moron down. Bob McKenzie is a hockey God!

SENSfreak_03

Aug 30, 2002
Regina, SK
Visit site
this is part of the problem. all of these guys are hockey analysts, brian burke and maybe bill waters are the only ones with some credibility in this, they worked in management, they know how the buisness works. guys like bob mckenzie are in over their heads, they take what is said by the figure heads as the truth. if you listen to some buisness experts, they will tell you all of this media talk is rhetoric. i think networks need a mix of analysts cover this, have your hockey guys to talk about the impacts to the game this might have, but you need some buisness analysts there to, they understand how these situations work, thats what they do for a living. they would be able to knock sense into all of them.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
JWI19 said:
Seems to me tsn knows what they were doing by putting on Healy. He's the Howard Stern of the NHL lockout talk. You all hate him, but wants to hear what he'll say next.

Totally wrong. When has Healy ever said anything worth listening to. He spews the same rhetoric garbage every single day on that show. Yesterday Burke gave it to him. He said "I wish I could find a job, where as soon as someone doesn't agree with my opinion, I could cry that they are trying to break the union." That was golden. Healy is a moron without any common sense and everything he says makes me want to puke.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
JWI19 said:
Seems to me tsn knows what they were doing by putting on Healy. He's the Howard Stern of the NHL lockout talk. You all hate him, but wants to hear what he'll say next.

I certainly don't want to hear a single thing he has to say. One of the worst commentators out there right now.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
kerrly said:
Totally wrong. When has Healy ever said anything worth listening to. He spews the same rhetoric garbage every single day on that show. Yesterday Burke gave it to him. He said "I wish I could find a job, where as soon as someone doesn't agree with my opinion, I could cry that they are trying to break the union." That was golden. Healy is a moron without any common sense and everything he says makes me want to puke.

Well by reading the reaction of this board you people cant turn away. And it doesn't matter if he's right or wrong, he's drawing attention and thats all that pretty much matters to them. Ratings = money

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
JWI19 said:

Exactly. People hear babble on about how much they hate Healy yet there is a new thread everyday about what he said on TSN. If you guys hate him so much stop making threads about him.

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Hockeyfan02 said:
Exactly. People hear babble on about how much they hate Healy yet there is a new thread everyday about what he said on TSN. If you guys hate him so much stop making threads about him.
When he did analysis in the playoffs last year, I switched to French. If I put on TSN, I'll endure him while waiting for the adults to speak or if I'm more crotchety than usual, I change the channel. I get more annoyed by my neighbor's dog barking.

alecfromtherock

Feb 2, 2004
Healy is a lot like Nick Kyperois of Hockey Central

Dale Gribble, King of the Kill ‘that makes sense, a lot of NONE-sense’

PA mouthpeices have no conception or reality with the current labour dispute.

Kyperois keeps saying PF ‘that offer from the NHL is unacceptable to the players, they need to propose a new deal’

Bill Waters says the NHL has made several offers and now its time for the PA to put fourth a proposal.

JD is also good with his insightful commentary

Don Cherry is known for his colourful commentary but Nick and Healy are making Cherry look like a puppy dawg in companion with their oft repeated rhetoric spewing from their mouths on this lockout(Cherry said the players should accept a $45 million cap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad